You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > "Application Error" - did not crash PsPad

"Application Error" - did not crash PsPad

#1 "Application Error" - did not crash PsPad

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2015-03-13 18:46 | IP: IP Logged

Exception description:
I hit Control-C to copy the current (un-highlighted) line.
After I clear this error window, I can duplicate the action and this error does *not* occur!
Don't know what the difference is.
I have 11 tabs open, and editor has been open for 23 hours.

Cannot open clipboard.

Exception class:
Exception address:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 03/13/2015 11:41:30

Please send such long list to Jan by Mail (see Help > About)

thx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : C:\pspad\pspad.exe 4.5.9 (2521)
System : Windows 7 Professional x64, Version: 6.1, Build: 1DB1, Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 3000 MHz MMX
Display : 1920x1080 pixels, 32 bpp
Active Controls Hierarchy:
TPSSynEdit ""
TfChildEdit "_5"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 13:23 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: "Application Error" - did not crash PsPad

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2015-05-07 03:15 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, pspad master;
I wanted to post an update to this issue...
I've been periodically seeing this crash occur with PsPad, only on this one machine that I'm using at work... I have used, and continue to use, PsPad (several different versions recently) on other Windows 7/64 machines, and have never seen it anywhere else... it's very odd...

OTOH, PsPad is the *only* program that is experiencing this crash. It typically occurs when PsPad (and many other applications, obviously) has been open for several days, and I typically have anywhere from 5 to 20 files open at a time. However, the machine has 16GB of RAM, and well over half of that is always available, so I don't think it's a general-memory issue.

In truth, I'm not at *all* certain that this is actually a PsPad issue, though no other application is affected, but I wanted to let you know that it is occurring periodically, just for your "background history" file, as it were.

The one thing that I'm suspicious about is that this is a Lenovo machine; I've never used one before, and they *are* notorious for putting various crap on their machines. I've removed most of their stuff, but some of it I'm not sure I *can* remove, so it may well be a Lenovo issue. In any case, just wanted you to know that it's happening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 03:16 by Gorlash.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR