You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Add menuitem to reload/reopen current file

Add menuitem to reload/reopen current file

#1 Add menuitem to reload/reopen current file

Posted by: oeekker | Date: 2015-03-06 20:04 | IP: IP Logged

I was always bugged by having to switch to another application and then return to pspad to reload the current open file. So I finally started to read the Help and found the useful command to reload or reopen the current file by pressing Ctrl+R, but I think it's too hidden. It would be nice if there was a menuitem in the File menu to reopen the current file (or even to reload all open files).

Also maybe an option to Follow the current file would be nice. Much like tail -f on linux would do: automatically reload the file and keep scrolling to the end... I read that you can configure pspad to autoreload files, but that's not what I mean/want. Only the file I tell PSPad to follow should be reloaded and followed.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Add menuitem to reload/reopen current file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-03-06 20:11 | IP: IP Logged

There is such menuitem - in the menu file / Open special / Reopen
or shortcut (Ctrl+R) for reopen
or you can set automatic refresh for file - menu Windows / Autorefresh Window or the same on the file tab context menu. Autorefresh interval is in Program settings / Editor 2

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR