You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > A few annoying things

A few annoying things

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 A few annoying things

Posted by: f-1 | Date: 2014-11-10 16:04 | IP: IP Logged

Hi there,
After upgrading to the new version of PSPad, I found a few annoying things:

1. If open .html file from the context menu, then "Check HTML code" option always disabled.
2. Ctrl+H "Replace" window is too small and may only be resized horizontally.

Please fix it.

Thanks in advance.

----

PSPad v4.5.8 (2500)
Windows 8.1 (125% scaling at OS level)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-10 16:16 | IP: IP Logged

Replace dialog is fixed in 4.5.9 version - you can download it in the developer forum.
I will check the reason, why the Check HTML is disabled.

#3 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-10 16:20 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I am not able to simulate your problem with Check HTML code.
How big is yout HTM file?
What highlighter is on the statusbar?

#4 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: chrisg | Date: 2015-05-07 19:22 | IP: IP Logged

I am seeing the same problem with the "Check HTML code" option always disabled. I just installed this (version 4.5.9) on a new Windows 7 system. Never had a problem with version 4.5.4 which I used on a different Windows 7 PC (both 64-bit). Highlighter in the status bar is "HTML multihighligher". The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\TiDy.exe" exists. I have tried opening several HTML files that worked fine with the older version of PSPad, and they all show "Check HTML Code" grayed out. This is a feature I use all the time, so I think I will have to revert to the older version.

#5 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-10 13:41 | IP: IP Logged

chrisg:
I am seeing the same problem with the "Check HTML code" option always disabled. I just installed this (version 4.5.9) on a new Windows 7 system. Never had a problem with version 4.5.4 which I used on a different Windows 7 PC (both 64-bit). Highlighter in the status bar is "HTML multihighligher". The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\TiDy.exe" exists. I have tried opening several HTML files that worked fine with the older version of PSPad, and they all show "Check HTML Code" grayed out. This is a feature I use all the time, so I think I will have to revert to the older version.

Hello

Are you sure you run link to PSPad and you didn't copy PSPad to your desktop instead of link? Sorry for thie question, but I met it several times.

If there is Tidy.exe and TidyCFG.INi in the same folder as PSPad.exe, menu item is enabled.

#6 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: chrisg | Date: 2015-05-13 13:26 | IP: IP Logged

I believe I have found the problem. PSPad is looking for the "TiDy.exe" program in the Current Working Directory and not in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor" directory where PSPad is installed.

I tried the Shortcut that the PSPad installer creates in Start > All Programs > PSPad editor and that one works ("Check HTML Code" is NOT grayed) because it sets the "Start in" directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor".

I then copied that shortcut to my desktop and it still worked.

I then changed the "Start in" directory in the shortcut to "C:\", and the "Check HTML Code" is now grayed. So apparently, PSPad is not looking for "TiDy.exe" in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor" directory, but is using the current working directory instead.

Unfortunately, the context menu shortcuts that the PSPad installer creates in Windows Explorer do not set the current working directory, so when you invoke it on an HTML file via the "PSPad" context menu, the "Check HTML Code" option is not available.

Note: I also tried running "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\pspad" directly from the command line with the same results. It only finds TiDy if my current working directory is "C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor".

This appears to be a regression in version 4.5.9 of PSPad, because when I test it with version 4.5.4 it always finds TiDy.exe ("Check HTML Code" is NOT grayed) regardless of the current working directory. (I haven't tested the versions of PSPad in between those two).

#7 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-19 12:32 | IP: IP Logged

I don't agree.
PSPad looks in folder, where PSPad.exe is for Tidy.exe. Not in the working folder.

Check hor HTML code is enabled in case you edit HTML like file. For TXT, C++ and other files Check HTML code has no sense and it's disabled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 12:33 by pspad.

#8 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: chrisg | Date: 2015-05-19 19:40 | IP: IP Logged

I have uninstalled PSPad version 4.5.9 and installed the older version 4.5.4 and TiDy now works fine for the exact same files that didn't work with 4.5.9. I don't know what elese to tell you. Version 4.5.9 does not work on my system, so I will be using 4.5.4 instead (since TiDy is the biggest feature I use in PSPad that other editors don't have).

Could Windows Virtual Store be causing problems with the newer PSPad? It's just a guess, but I know that's sometimes a source of problems in the Program Files directories.

I just want to thank you for a great editor, regardless of this problem. Thanks!
smiling smiley

#9 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-19 20:52 | IP: IP Logged

i really don't know how to help you, cause i am not able to simulate it. you are the only one who reported it.

#10 Re: A few annoying things

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-20 03:48 | IP: IP Logged

Are you sure you don't set any compatibility mode or something else for PSPad?

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR