You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

#1 FTP since version 4.5.8

Posted by: gustavk | Date: 2014-10-02 17:23 | IP: IP Logged

I am currently running 4.5.7 and use the FTP feature extensively to develop on a remote server. Love it!

Checked for updates today and found 4.5.8 as the latest stable version. I tried both 4.5.8 and 4.5.9 but could not get the file listing to display the files and folders in the left pane.

Otherwise - GREAT PRODUCT!smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-02 17:53 | IP: IP Logged

It means content of FTP file is empty?
Open your FTP connection and check use old file listing.
It's strange, cause it means your FTP server supports MLSD command, but doesn't return content. Can I know what FTP server do you use?

Before you will activate old file listing in your FTP connection settings, do this please:
Connect to your FTP server
Show LOG window / FTP tab
Press LIST button on the left side of FTP log Window. This will show RAW list in the LOG.
Send me content of the LOG please to support mail.

#3 Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

Posted by: mjrpes | Date: 2014-10-27 09:35 | IP: IP Logged

I am having same problem. It was working before.

My FTP server (pure-ftpd / ubuntu) is set up to send both ftp session and data over TLS.

In PSPad 4.5.5 (2417), with connection set up to use SSL/TLS, PSPad would send a "PROT P" command and the server would reply back "200 Data protection level set to 'private'". Commands sent over the data stream would work as expected.

In PSPad 4.5.8 (2500), PSPad sends a "Prot C" command and the server replies "200 Data protection level set to 'clear'". LIST command over the data stream fails with "521 Data connection cannot be opened with this PROT setting" because my server doesn't allow data to be sent over the clear.

Here is the RFC on this:

tools.ietf.org

There are only two protocols that need to be supported, PROT P and PROT C. So PSPad could fix this issue by offering a checkbox to enable or disable encryption over the data connection.

#4 Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-27 09:51 | IP: IP Logged

I will implement it.

#5 Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-27 11:04 | IP: IP Logged

Implemented. Wait for next developer build please.

In FTP connection settings will be new option:
For SSL use Prot P (private) instead of Prot C (clear) mode

Prot P will be chosen as default

#6 Re: FTP since version 4.5.8

Posted by: mjrpes | Date: 2014-10-27 17:27 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you Mr. PSPad! smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR