You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Comments don't work in Key Map INI file

Re: Comments don't work in Key Map INI file

#1 Comments don't work in Key Map INI file

Posted by: therium | Date: 2014-09-04 11:41 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad 4.5.8 (2482) on Win 7

I tried commenting out some lines in the Key Map INI file, restarting PS Pad, but the keystrokes still use the PSPad hotkeys. I tried using '#' and ';' for comments but neither stopped the keystrokes from working.

To edit the Key Map file I opened Settings, Program Settings, Key Map, and clicked Direct Edit.

The keymap I tried commenting out was under HTML, HTML Preview Web Server which uses Ctrl-Shift-F10. I have a Clip Text that also uses Ctrl-Shift-F10.

Is this a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

Going into Keymap, and double clicking entry on the PSPad dialog does work. Editing the INI directly does not.

Thank you.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Comments don't work in Key Map INI file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-04 12:07 | IP: IP Logged

If you want to remove some shortcuts, don't comment lines, but delete shortcut behind the equal sign. There is no problem, you can anytime delete KeyMap.INI to reset it into default.
PSPad has actions and editor commands with default shortcuts.
If in KeyMap.ini is command or action with no shortcut, shortcut is removed in PDPad. But if you comment line, the shortcut stays defined for action or command.

Is it more clear?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR