You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Middle click on changed file tab: crashes

Middle click on changed file tab: crashes

#1 Middle click on changed file tab: crashes

Posted by: Ben_R_R | Date: 2013-07-04 23:32 | IP: IP Logged

* Reproduction Steps * I was able to reproduce the bug by creating a new text file "Test.txt" in PS Pad, saving it to disk, then editing it in another program. Then I middle clicked on the "Test.txt" tab in the non-focused PS Pad window. The crash happened when I clicked yes when it asked me to reload the contents of "Test.txt". "Test.txt" was the active tab, and the only file open.

The program does not crash if I click "no" on the reload contents window.

Exception description:
I had a file called "log" opened in PS Pad. A different file was the active tab. In a Windows file explorer
window I created a new file called "log.txt" then renamed "log" to "log-old". Then I renamed "log.txt" to "log".
I then middle clicked on the "log" tab in PS Pad. I got a message saying that the contents of "log" had
changed on disk, and asking me if I would like to reload it. I clicked "yes" and the program crashed.

I think it is important to note that before I middle-clicked, the PS Pad window did not have focus, and the
tab that I middle clicked on was changed on disk.

Access violation at address 77108DA9 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00000014.

Exception class: EAccessViolation
Exception address: 77108DA9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 7/4/2013 6:07:01 PM

Please do not post such longer logs into the forum.
Send them rather to Jan (for mail address see Help > About PSPad)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\PSPad.exe 4.5.7 (2450)
System : Windows 7 Home Edition x64, Version: 6.1, Build: 1DB1, Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD, AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor , 3620 MHz MMX
Display : 1920x1080 pixels, 32 bpp
Active Controls Hierarchy:
TPSSynEdit "Editor1"
TfChildEdit "_3"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-17 06:09 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR