You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Scrolling

Re: Scrolling

#1 Scrolling

Posted by: Draycon | Date: 2013-05-02 13:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

it seems to me that there is a problem when scrolling down using the mousewheel under certain conditions. I use PSPad in a small window (so I can see other content simultaneously while typing). When I write several paragraphs using line wrapping I cannot scroll to the end of the textfile with the mousewheel. Scrolling stopps some lines (of wrapped text) before the end. The more I expand the window the smaller gets the unreachable part. At a PSPad-window height of slightly more than half the screen height the problem is gone. When I reformat the text the problem is also gone - it is just existing on wrapped text. When using the keyboard to scroll I can get to the end of text all the time. Also the problem just exists when scrolling down, not when scrolling up.

I am using PSPad 4.5.7 with a right edge at 120. Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Or is it just a result of wrong settings I have choosen? Any help is welcome!

Greetings
Stefan

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Scrolling

Posted by: Tinman | Date: 2013-05-07 22:20 | IP: IP Logged

Draycon:
Hi,

it seems to me that there is a problem when scrolling down using the mousewheel under certain conditions. I use PSPad in a small window (so I can see other content simultaneously while typing). When I write several paragraphs using line wrapping I cannot scroll to the end of the textfile with the mousewheel. Scrolling stopps some lines (of wrapped text) before the end. The more I expand the window the smaller gets the unreachable part. At a PSPad-window height of slightly more than half the screen height the problem is gone. When I reformat the text the problem is also gone - it is just existing on wrapped text. When using the keyboard to scroll I can get to the end of text all the time. Also the problem just exists when scrolling down, not when scrolling up.

I am using PSPad 4.5.7 with a right edge at 120. Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Or is it just a result of wrong settings I have choosen? Any help is welcome!

Greetings
Stefan

I've had this problem since a couple builds ago. I reported it in the bugs section, but that's been a couple of years ago. I just installed the latest update, 4.5.8b2453, and it has the same scrolling problem the last update had. I'll be installing the older build that don't have this problem (but a few other bugs I can live with).

--
((((TINMAN))))

#3 Re: Scrolling

Posted by: taycode | Date: 2013-05-08 14:33 | IP: IP Logged

I first noticed this bug in 4.5.7 (2450). It remains present in 4.5.8 (2453). As far as I can tell, when word wrap is turned on, mousewheel down does not work. I have tested this over remote connection and observed the same behavior, so it is not a hardware or driver problem. This is extremely annoying to the point of possibly necessitating disuse of PSPad. I assume this is probably a trivial fix but I have no time to look into it.

Windows 7 x64

#4 Re: Scrolling

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-05-09 14:06 | IP: IP Logged

Scroll fix will be available in the next build.

#5 Re: Scrolling

Posted by: Draycon | Date: 2013-05-09 15:47 | IP: IP Logged

That is great news, thanks for your quick response!!

Greetings
Stefan

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR