You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Project file doesn't save change of settings

Re: Project file doesn't save change of settings

#1 Project file doesn't save change of settings

Posted by: Guidance | Date: 2013-04-14 08:36 | IP: IP Logged

Version 4.5.7 and earlier also, when I changed project/project settings/Compiler, and close pspad, then open the project again, I found the settings didn't save (still blank). Only when I changed the project folder i.e. added or deleted files in the project, then the project file saved.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Project file doesn't save change of settings

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-05-09 14:55 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I tested it.
I created new project with one file and saved project.
I closed PSPad and started it again - project was automatically loaded.
I changed compiler in project settings, pressed OK in project settings dialog and closed PSPad.
When I started PSPad looked into project settings, my changes was stored there.

Can you write me step by step how to get unsaved changes?

#3 Re: Project file doesn't save change of settings

Posted by: Guidance | Date: 2013-05-15 07:11 | IP: IP Logged

At least one problem is clear: if don't add any text file in a new project, the compiler settings won't save, even no 'naming' prompt dialog when exiting PSPad; In that case, the bad thing is, the 'save project' and 'save project as...' items in the Project menu are gray/disabled to prevent manually saving.

My real problem is that the ppr will become empty sometimes. It's really annoying. To set config back, I re-filled compiler dialog, and open and edit some text files normally, and closed PSPad. Note here I didn't add any files into the project. I believed the re-configured project settings would be saved. But when I ran PSPad again next time, it's still empty.
Another thing is, my ppr and text files are stored in the mapped network drive, is it possible that the ppr file crashed due to network connection problem? I often use PSPad for a whole day, sometimes the network may disconnect during PSPad running.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR