You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Comment in user defined highlighter does not work

Comment in user defined highlighter does not work

#1 Comment in user defined highlighter does not work

Posted by: papi | Date: 03/03/2010 11:38 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I wanted to define a new highlighter for Kyocera Prescribe language. The comments in this language are marked with 'cmnt' keyword. I found a place in the highlighter definition where i am able to define the comment (it is not matching any from the pre-defined list), but the color highligher ignores this. Strange, because the program knows that this is the comment, because the block commenting works with the Shift+Ctrl+A key combination.

I am using build 2356. I now it is not the latest, but i did not find bugfix comments regarding this issue in the later builds.

BTW, is the code clip structured display already implemented? If it is, how could i use that?

Thank you!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Comment in user defined highlighter does not work

Posted by: pspad | Date: 03/03/2010 17:54 | IP: IP Logged

Comment code is used for line comment, not for block comment.
Create code clip to use block comment

#3 Re: Comment in user defined highlighter does not work

Posted by: papi | Date: 03/03/2010 18:39 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Comment code is used for line comment, not for block comment.

You are right, i wanted to write line comment. Here i have no any problem.
What is not ok - by my understanding - that although i defined that 'cmnt' is the syntax to write comments in this language, it is not recognized as comment with the syntax highlighter.
I would like to see these comments (everything with this keyword until the end of the line) with different color, but it does not do.
(In fact it would be even better if i could define somehow that everything only until the next ';' character is comment. After ';' character a new command starts. But i did not find the way to do this... Is it possible?)

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák