You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Externally modified file warnings

Externally modified file warnings

#1 Externally modified file warnings

Posted by: Dorin Andreica | Date: 11/03/2004 14:32 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I have a problem working with PSPAD. I have a PHP project running inside a VMware Linux machine. For reasons beyond my control, the virtual machine date and time is not synchronized with my computer's clock. I have a shared folder mapped on my computer, through which I access the PHP files.

If I open a file from the network share, save it, then switch focus away from PSPAD and back, it notifies me that the file contents has changed (although it obviously hasn't) and prompts me to reload it. This gets worse when I have more files open, as PSPAD prompts me for each of them.

Can this notification be configured, or disabled altogether? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Dorin Andreica

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Externally modified file warnings

Posted by: pspad | Date: 11/05/2004 07:24 | IP: IP Logged

In next build will be added new uttons in dialog - Yes to all and No to All
Its only one click instead confirmation of each file.

#3 Re: Externally modified file warnings

Posted by: Dorin Andreica | Date: 11/05/2004 13:01 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

Thanks for your quick response! Your proposed solution is an interesting compromise, but I was actually more interested in having an option to disable file changed checks completely.

I understand that you might not want to put this option in the Settings window. A perfect solution for me would be to be able to enter by hand this option in the pspad.ini file, or the project.ppr file, or maybe both. This way, i could have the notifications enabled by default, but disabled in the project that contains those PHP files. Let me know if you think you could implement this.

Thanks a lot!

Dorin Andreica

#4 Re: Externally modified file warnings

Posted by: pspad | Date: 11/05/2004 13:10 | IP: IP Logged

I know. But in this case we can get 2 possibilities when dialog will be disabled.

1. automatically refresh all without question - user can lost his work
2. don't refresh nothing - user isn't informed about changed file

I can add switch to [special settings] section in PSPad.INI to disable change checking.

#5 Re: Externally modified file warnings

Posted by: Dorin Andreica | Date: 11/07/2004 22:50 | IP: IP Logged

I just noticed the new beta with the features I needed. I'm speechless.

Thanks a lot, Jan! Keep PSPAD the best editor there is!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák