You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

#1 PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: Asal | Date: 2018-05-22 19:30 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

since yesterday, I try to work with PSPad 5.0 (277) instead of 4.6.2 (2750). But the behavior is unusual:

1. I'm missing the "scripts" menu. Also, it's not possible to use scripts any more, of course.

2. Not so important, but strange: the first 3 entries in the "help" menu are grey. It's not possible to use them

3. The HTML.DEF doesn't work as it should: Symbols like "|" or "$" don'T have their abehavoir any more. They appear inside my HTML code as ordinary signs.

I'm still using Win7.

Martin

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-05-22 19:45 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
How did you made update?
Did you install new version over existing? It will prevent all your settings.

1. If you don't see Script menu, go to program settings / System and allow scripting support. My fault is that ZIP doesn't contain script subfolder. Copy it from latest 4 version

2. Rename file pspad_en.chm in PSPad folder to PSPad.chm - my fault. Few minutes ago I fixed portable version package.

3. I have reported problem with context templates. Open HTML.DEF and add section:
[Clip Settings]
CursorChar=|
SelectionChar=?
before the [Macro definition]

I am sorry for inconvenience, I am just working on fixes.

#3 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-05-23 01:52 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan, why don't you use the corrected DEF files I've send to you? That was my fault, that there were "?" instead of "§" in the DEF files. I've send you this files on 9th of may.

So you don't need the
SelectionChar=?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 01:52 by Andreas.

#4 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-05-23 03:32 | IP: IP Logged

I will. This is help for existing problem only.
It's possible to fix it by replace ?| with paragraph|

#5 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: Asal | Date: 2018-05-24 20:01 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks, this was helpful smiling smiley

(Something else: I clicked the "Send replies to this thread to me via email" checkbox when starting this thread, but your replies weeren't delivered)

Martin

#6 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-05-26 18:40 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
It's possible to fix it by replace ?| with paragraph|

Yeah, but watch out folks. You can not simply replace all "?" with "§". For example
<?php
This has to be a "?". So please wait for next version with the correct DEF files.

#7 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2018-08-20 14:44 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, I'm afraid 5.0 is even buggier than OP suggested. {Edit: Win 7 AND Win 10, installed over existing 4.x (Win10) and fresh install (Win7).}

First, there's no such thing as a "System" group in Settings - at least, not in the English version. There's "System integration", but it doesn't offer an option for "Allow Scripting Support", as you suggest. In fact....

v5.0's Direct Edit of Settings only shows three groups of settings: Config, HTML document, and PHP. The entire list shown is:

[Config]
FirstRun=1

[HTML document]
Compilator ParsLog=line %L column %C

[PHP]
Compilator File=C:\PHP\php.exe
Compilator Param=%File%
Compilator Capture=1
Compilator ParsLog=*on line <b>%L

This isn't the actual list of Settings; it's just the ones that show up under Direct Edit. The actual list of Settings looks pretty OK, as I click through them.

"Allow Scripts Menu" doesn't appear in v4.6.2, either. That essentially leaves v5.0 without any way to run scripts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 14:48 by joemarfice.

#8 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2018-08-21 14:31 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
there is sripting support in 32bit version of PSPad 5; the setting is there under:
Program settings: System integration: [x] Integrated scripting support (WSH)

After activating this setting (possibly with a new start of PSPad after that?) the Scripts menu should appear - asuming the WSH support is available in the respetive windows system.

However, there is a beta-preview of 64bit version od PSPad, which doesn't support scripting yet - is it possibly Your case?

The attached settings looks rather reduced, the value
FirstRun=1
suggests, it was probably not updated from its initial defaults.

Could you verify the location of PSPad and its setting file "PSPad.INI"?
If you would install the program as portable (with settings within program folder) in some windows-protected location (like Program files), the settings cannot be actually saved with normal user privileges.

If this is your case, it can be solved either by moving the portable program to some non-protected location or by activating multi-user mode (the settings are then stored in profile folders) .
Program settings: System integration: [x] Multi user environment

hth,
vbr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 14:33 by vbr.

#9 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2018-08-21 19:21 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
Program settings: System integration: [x] Integrated scripting support (WSH)

Thanks so much! I interpreted this (incorrectly) as something strictly related to Windows Scripting Host. That enabled the Scripts menu.

#10 Re: PSPad 5.0 buggy?

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2018-08-21 19:38 | IP: IP Logged

Post Script: My install is "32b" 5.0.0 (277), in a writable directory on my D-drive.

For whatever reason, "Direct Edit" of Settings now leads to the entire list of parameters, instead of the tiny list I mentioned above.

Everything looks great!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR