You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: v4.6.2 build 2750 - exploring a Brave Old World

Re: v4.6.2 build 2750 - exploring a Brave Old World

#1 v4.6.2 build 2750 - exploring a Brave Old World

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 04/03/2018 20:24 | IP: IP Logged

As I reported via several bug reports and discussions in the Bug Report forum, I have been experiencing *very* frequent crashes and corrupted data events with all of the V5 builds. I rarely was able to run for over 24 hours without experiencing one of these events.

In an attempt to return to a usable version of PsPad, I downloaded and installed V4.6.2, build 2750 (the most recent V4 build). I brought it online without copying *anything* from the V5 build, to avoid any cross-contamination.

The preliminary result of this experiment is that I have now run 5 days without a single issue or bug of *any* sort!! I have typically had about 12 files open, maximum was 18 for a few hours, currently I have 6 open. I have not closed and restarted PsPad4 even once during this time. It is running like the PsPad of old !!!!

Unfortunately, a handful of features in V4 don't work quite the same as V5, but that's a discussion for another topic...

Welcome back, PsPad !!! I have soooooooooooooo missed you !!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: v4.6.2 build 2750 - exploring a Brave Old World

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 04/12/2018 21:21 | IP: IP Logged

Well, unfortunately, this one still has both problems...
I just spent an hour chasing down one of these data corruption issues, which was inserted in a comment. The compiler didn't care, but git wouldn't diff the file, so we couldn't process my Pull Request.

Back to MultiEdit... I wonder if these two critical failures will *ever* get fixed???

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2018 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák