You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > How to color current line in .dat file?

How to color current line in .dat file?

#1 How to color current line in .dat file?

Posted by: therium | Date: 2018-02-01 12:10 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad 4.6.2 in Windows 7

I went to Settings menu, Program settings, Colors, and changed the current line color to a light yellow. Then clicked OK out of the settings. But the current line my cursor is on does not have a background of light yellow in a .pl file or .dat file. How do I change the current line background to light yellow?

Thank you.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: How to color current line in .dat file?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-02-01 12:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
Open menu settings / Highlighter settings, colors tab
There is possibility to overwrite current line color from global settings if you will check checkbox.
Check it for your file related highlighter

#3 Re: How to color current line in .dat file?

Posted by: therium | Date: 2018-02-01 13:08 | IP: IP Logged

In Highlighter settings for Perl files, Colors tab, I changed Background button to yellow, and checked "Current line" and that did not highlight the current line. I even restarted PSPad and that didn't work either.

Could this be a bug?

Could there be another setting in PSPad that is overriding this color for the current line my cursor is on?

What if I went to Settings, Program Settings and clicked "Direct Edit" of INI file? What would I change to highlight background of the line the cursor is on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 13:12 by therium.

#4 Re: How to color current line in .dat file?

Posted by: therium | Date: 2018-02-01 15:42 | IP: IP Logged

I downloaded PSPad 5.0.0 (251) and in the Settings menu, Program Settings, Colors, I can change the current line background color to Yellow for Perl files. So this is a fresh install of PSPad.

I went to Settings, Highlighter, and the Perl highlighter is checked. I'm not sure if that matters.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR