You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: When I hit ^H to do replace, word at cursor is in Find box, how to stop?

Re: When I hit ^H to do replace, word at cursor is in Find box, how to stop?

#1 When I hit ^H to do replace, word at cursor is in Find box, how to stop?

Posted by: therium | Date: 2017-09-15 11:15 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad 5.0.0 (243) (I got a dev version from the author.)

When I hit ^H to do a Replace, the word that my cursor is in is automatically put in the Find box. How do I make this stop? I don't want PSPad to do this.

Thank you! Your support is great!

ps. Wanted to note that I have had no problems with bookmarks disappearing with 5.0.0. I use PSPad extensively and daily.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: When I hit ^H to do replace, word at cursor is in Find box, how to stop?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-09-15 11:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Open program settings / Tools
Option you are looking for is in Search section

Second question:
bookmarks are stored in binary file - PSCache.bin
Version 5 has different format version than version 4. When format version is different PSPad delete this file and start new empty one. It means if you use together version 4 and 5, it will delete this file again and again.

Bookmarks are stored in project file too, if you use PSPad projects.

#3 Re: When I hit ^H to do replace, word at cursor is in Find box, how to stop?

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2017-09-15 11:43 | IP: IP Logged

therium:
...When I hit ^H to do a Replace, the word that my cursor is in is automatically put in the Find box. How do I make this stop? I don't want PSPad to do this.

Hi,
You can disable this behaviour in
Pragram Settings: [Direct edit]
find the item:
FindFillUpFind=1
(in the section [Config]) and set the value to 0.
After confirming and saving the settings dialog it shoult work the way you describe (for both - Find as well Search and replace dialog).
I am not sure, whethere there is a setting for this outside of the Direct edit configuration.

Edit: I stay corrected, its indeed in the tools setting section as mentioned above, please disregard this unnecessarilly complicated suggestion.

hth,
vbr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 11:47 by vbr.

#4 Re: When I hit ^H to do replace, word at cursor is in Find box, how to stop?

Posted by: mrphen375 | Date: 2017-10-24 09:30 | IP: IP Logged

vbr:
therium:
...When I hit ^H to do a Replace, the word that my cursor is in is automatically put in the Find box. How do I make this stop? I don't want PSPad to do this.

Hi,
You can disable this behaviour in
Pragram Settings: [Direct edit]
find the item:
FindFillUpFind=1
(in the section [Config]) and set the value to 0.
After confirming and saving the settings dialog it shoult work the way you describe (for both - Find as well Search and replace dialog).
I am not sure, whethere there is a setting for this outside of the Direct edit configuration.

Edit: I stay corrected, its indeed in the tools setting section as mentioned above, please disregard this unnecessarilly complicated suggestion.

hth,
vbr

I tried out this method, it works.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR