You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

#1 How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

Posted by: therium | Date: 2017-08-25 12:16 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad 4.6.2

I'm trying to add a new Context\Markdown.def file. I copied it from Perl.def, then restarted PSPad, but the Markdown.def file is not appearing under the menu Settings, Edit Clip Definition file. How can I get my Markdown.DEF to appear here so I can edit and use it in PSPad?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-08-25 12:39 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

You need to assign user syntax definition into free slot in the Settings / Highlighter settings. Don't forget chech checkbox before highlighter.
It suppose that syntax definition exists in the Syntax subfolder.

#3 Re: How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

Posted by: therium | Date: 2017-08-26 17:49 | IP: IP Logged

Got it. Thank you.

#4 Re: How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

Posted by: Yaz | Date: 2018-03-06 20:49 | IP: IP Logged

therium, would you be willing to share your Markdown def and template files on this post? I have been trying to create my own, to no avail. Thank you.

#5 Re: How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

Posted by: brokengillou | Date: 2018-07-08 16:17 | IP: IP Logged

Yaz:
therium, would you be willing to share your Markdown def and template files on this post? I have been trying to create my own, to no avail. Thank you.
brokengillou:
Also interrested smiling smiley

#6 Re: How to add a new Context\Markdown.def file?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-07-08 16:26 | IP: IP Logged

Definition (code template) files are fully user customizable. All are placed in the .\Context folder - text files with DEF extension.
Syntax of files is described in the help
You can add your own template very easy by selecting text and pressing Ctrl+Alt+Space

The only ptroblem is if you have PSPad installed in the Program files folder, you can't write there directly. You need to run PSPad as admin or move PSPad out of PF folder.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR