You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: php compiler not active on open of php file.

Re: php compiler not active on open of php file.

#1 php compiler not active on open of php file.

Posted by: jtaubman | Date: 2017-07-14 16:26 | IP: IP Logged

> php compiler not active on open of php file

I see this was reported previously, having just tried 5.0 I see it also has the same problem, at least for me.

Which is if I open a .php the compile button does not go active, but if I then go into Highlighter settings and simply press OK the buttons become active and work fine.

Is there a setting somewhere I can change to get this to work on the opening of a file. I did try to search but could only find reports of the problem and not the solution.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: php compiler not active on open of php file.

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2017-07-14 16:54 | IP: IP Logged

jtaubman:
> php compiler not active on open of php file

Hi,
is the highlighting of the code working in this case (before confirming the highlighter settings)?
If not, it might be due to the file size - for larger files the highlighting is initially deactivated for faster opening the code.
You can adjust the limit for automatic highlighting after loading the file in
Settings... [Direct edit]
Special settings:
HLOnUpToSize=500000
(filesize in bytes)
This might work the same in PSPad 4 and 5.
hth,
vbr

#3 Re: php compiler not active on open of php file.

Posted by: jtaubman | Date: 2017-07-14 17:38 | IP: IP Logged

Highlighting is done, it's just the compiler button which does not activate. Just tried it with a 40 line php script.

I have been playing while I waited and I have just noticed it's using the "HTML Multi-highlighter" so I obviously need to change that somewhere. I have checked the HTML highlighter and that does not include .php, can you point me in the right direction please.

edit: Don't worry I have turned off the Multi-Highlighter. So the PHP highlighter with the Compile is now in place.

So the problem seems to be if Multi-Highlighter is set to work with PHP files, the Application and Compiler options from the PHP settings are not applied until you edit the Highlighter settings for PHP.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-14 17:44 by jtaubman.

#4 Re: php compiler not active on open of php file.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-14 17:50 | IP: IP Logged

jtaubman:
Highlighting is done, it's just the compiler button which does not activate. Just tried it with a 40 line php script.

I have been playing while I waited and I have just noticed it's using the "HTML Multi-highlighter" so I obviously need to change that somewhere. I have checked the HTML highlighter and that does not include .php, can you point me in the right direction please.

edit: Don't worry I have turned off the Multi-Highlighter. So the PHP highlighter with the Compile is now in place.

So the problem seems to be if Multi-Highlighter is set to work with PHP files, the Application and Compiler options from the PHP settings are not applied until you edit the Highlighter settings for PHP.

Thanks

If you want to use PHP with multihighlighter, assign PHP to HTML highlighter. Compiler must be assigned to BASE highlighter. In multihighlighter, PHP is opne of the embeded scripts only.

#5 Re: php compiler not active on open of php file.

Posted by: jtaubman | Date: 2017-07-14 22:41 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks I will give that a try.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR