#51 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: Ilya | Date: 2017-03-07 08:28 | IP: IP Logged

Stefan:
Have you checked
(o) Remember Last Directory

Sure.

Some info:
1. The PSPad's folder located at D:\
2. PSDad.INI is located at c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\PSPad and gets new modification time each time I open/close the editor.
3. When I started work with 5.0 I just copied files from unpacked zip to the PSPad's folder, as I do always.
4. Win10 64bit

I did the following check now: I opened the PSPad.ini by notepad and checked the LastDir's value. Then I opened the PSPad with some file from other location. When I opened the PSPad.ini again, the LastDir's value stayed the old one. The same happened when I close the editor - LastDir's value doesn't changed.

So, there is a problem (I guess) with unchanging the LastDir in the PSPad.ini

On the other hand, I think that there is another control, not LastDir, that tells to the editor which folder to open when "Open File" is invoked.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#52 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-07 13:24 | IP: IP Logged

Batch CP conversion

OK. I think Encoding menu will be good place for batch encoding conversion

I don't replace original files during conversion, but folder with .OUT suffix on the same level as original folder is created and converted files are stored into same directory structure there. It allows you simple copy into original location after check.
Another possibility is create individual files backup...

#53 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-08 08:08 | IP: IP Logged

To keep as most compatibility as possible I will rename 2 folders only:

PSPad\Lang -> PSPad\Language
PSPad\Convert -> PSPad\Convertors

Language files will be stored in UTF-8 - it's necessary to have IDE translation independent of OS settings

Convertors will use UTF-8 in string table replacement. But I don't know what to do with char table which is in ANSI now . It's OS dependent settings, e.g. Czech content on English OS won't work. The solution is to use Unicode char codes for char table replacement.

All other files, include scripts I am able to handle load in UTF-8 and ANSI if UTF-8 will fail.

#54 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-08 17:54 | IP: IP Logged

First public beta 5.0.0 (096) is available in Developer forum: forum.pspad.com

#55 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2017-03-09 07:09 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
But I don't know what to do with char table which is in ANSI now

Existing character table in PSPad violates W3C conventions and unusable now. For example, under Russian Windows I see this:

Л 203 CB Ë

What's this? Who is right, who is wrong? Create a HTML file, put into it:

Л Ë Ë Ë

Open in browser. You should see:

Л Ë Ë Ë

Л is Cyrillic, but Ë is Latin.

Then change charset setting in <meta> declaration of this file and refresh page in browser. Windows-1250, 1252, 1254, UTF-8... No changes! Why? Because HTML entities ALWAYS equal Unicode code points. All entities, mnemo-based and code-based. 1051 <> 203. That's all.

#56 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 07:16 | IP: IP Logged

I know. Ascii chart must be rebuilded and filled automatically.
But this settings will depends of windows locale.

#57 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2017-03-09 08:53 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:

Why? When I have Russian Windows, I can enter Cyrillic letters from keyboard, but sometimes I need European characters with diacritics, as well as you sometimes need characters with other diacritics than Czech. Thus, we need unified character table with letters of European languages.

#58 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 09:01 | IP: IP Logged

Freeman:
pspad:

Why? When I have Russian Windows, I can enter Cyrillic letters from keyboard, but sometimes I need European characters with diacritics, as well as you sometimes need characters with other diacritics than Czech. Thus, we need unified character table with letters of European languages.

In this case you will get table with 65 535 lines - it means unusable.

#59 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2017-03-09 09:27 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
In this case you will get table with 65 535 lines - it means unusable.

For European only? U+00A0..U+024F for Latin, U+0370..U+03FF for Greek, U+0400..U+04FF for Cyrillic, some characters from U+2000..U+214F for punctuation and symbols, total around 900 characters.

The largest ranges of these 65536 characters are U+3400..U+9FFF = 27648 characters, these are CJK Unified Ideographs and extensions. Do we need all of them? I wonder.

#60 Re: Which encoding choose to store PSPad files?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 09:49 | IP: IP Logged

Freeman:
For European only? U+00A0..U+024F for Latin, U+0370..U+03FF for Greek, U+0400..U+04FF for Cyrillic, some characters from U+2000..U+214F for punctuation and symbols, total around 900 characters.

The largest ranges of these 65536 characters are U+3400..U+9FFF = 27648 characters, these are CJK Unified Ideographs and extensions. Do we need all of them? I wonder.

Even 900 lines in tab is too many
Maybe better solution will be selector where you will choose Code page and PSPad ASCII chart will show you corresponding 255 chars with ANSI and Unicode char values

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR