You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#21 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-01 20:05 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad 5 (066)

If somebody is interesting of current version, here is it.
pspad.poradna.net

I will be glad for any feedback - errors, if CP autodetection is successful e.t.c.

Know issues:
- scripting doesn't work
- search in HEX editor is broken

I use this version for real work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-01 20:06 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: aGerman | Date: 2017-03-01 23:37 | IP: IP Logged

Jan

I tried with files that contain ÄÖÜäöüß where auto detection (should result in Windows-1252) seems to work properly.

I had one issue. That is, "Avira Free Antivir" detected pdb.exe, prc.exe, and ztext.exe as false positives. I had to deactivate it in order to be even able to extract the ZIP file.

Steffen

#23 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-02 02:44 | IP: IP Logged

Antiviruses are hysteric. I see i have to digitally sign all exe. Its really stupid to see what is going with antiviruses. Exe what deos nothing else than open file and save another file is suspicious.

#24 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2017-03-02 08:55 | IP: IP Logged

Many thanks for all off your Work, Jan.

---

Deutsch.ini PSPad 5 (066)
------------------------------------------------
Fenster >
;;Translate File list
aFileList_Caption=Liste der geöffneten Dateien
Bearbeiten > Zeilen-Manipulation
aRemoveDuplicities_Caption=Doppelte Zeilen entfernen (Groß-/Kleinschreibung beachten)
;;Translate Remove Duplicate Lines (case insensitive)
aRemoveDuplicitiesCI_Caption=Doppelte Zeilen entfernen (Groß-/Kleinschreibung egal)
Einstellungen > Programm einstellen...
Bestätigung
;;Translate Confirmation when open file over [MB]:
lFileSizeWarn_Caption=Rückfrage: Öffnen von Dateien über [MB]:
;;Translate Are you sure to open file with size %d MB?
rs_FileSizeWarn=Dateigröße %d MB öffnen? (Siehe Menü "Einstellungen > Programm einstellen... > Bestätigung")
Einstellungen > Programm einstellen...
Editor - Einstellungen
;;Translate Autocomplete is confirmed with space and symbols
cAutoCompleteConfirm_Caption=Autoergänzung mit Leerzeichen oder Satzzeichen
;;Translate Offered autocomplete item is confirmed with space and symbols like brackets, semicolon, colon, ...
cAutoCompleteConfirm_Hint=Ein ausgewählter Autoergänzungseintrag kann durch ein Leerzeichen oder ein Symbol wie Klammern, Semikolon, Doppelpunkt u.s.w. eingefügt werden.
Menu item "Format > x?x?x? JSON" can not be translated
Menu "Encoding" can not be translated , and is in Czech until I switch language first time to GER or ENG.
Menu "Encoding" is fine, can be customized to select only the need CPs. That way you can have a nice small CP-menu.
Playing with FileSize Confirmation, works fine three times, then, while dragging a ~40MB file, I get a AccessViolation on "fChildEdit_1".
That also kills the drag&drop-handler, I can't drop any more (just nothing happens) and also "File > Open"
or click on a recent opened file gets me another AccessViolation "A component named fChildEdit_3 already exists."
I had to exit PSPad and after a new launch all works fine again, even on several tests.
The Confirmation dialog itself works fine.

MonitoringEvents.txt-2014 96.705.163 07.08.2014 15:47 -a--
HistMain.log 123456789.H300.works-eu.de.txt 40.930.791 02.08.2010 14:26 -a--
HistMain.log 123456789.H200.works-eu.de.txt 37.550.806 02.08.2010 15:04 -a--
TEST_bigger.csv 20.796.702 23.05.2009 20:54 -a--

Program : X:\Downloads\PSPad5\pspad500b066\PSPad_5\PSPad.exe 5.0.0 (68)
System : Windows 7 Professional x64, Version: 6.1, Build: 1DB1, Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz, 3690 MHz MMX

--
Stefan (pleased user since 1722)
Do you know you can spend Jan a beer? (click here)
Inofficial FAQs + Infos + Special Settings

#25 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: aGerman | Date: 2017-03-02 10:25 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Antiviruses are hysteric.

grinning smiley Yes I second that! I have the same issue with half of my own programs. Of course I trust you winking smiley

Steffen

#26 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-03-02 10:31 | IP: IP Logged

aGerman:
Jan

I tried with files that contain ÄÖÜäöüß where auto detection (should result in Windows-1252) seems to work properly.

Hello Jan,

I opened a CSS file with ÄÖÜäöüß and it declares as UTF-8 no BOM (65001) which is ok as developers always use UTF-8.

But there are to many unwanted and unexplainable behaviors with settings redarding to the code page and newlines. PSPad seems not to respect the settings I made. e.g. new files will not get my code page and newline settings. I can not explain whats going on as it is too weird.

I simply need to edit my files with unix newlines and UTF-8 as most developers want to. Sometimes I even saw the filenames in windows bar and the tabs as chinese characters.

#27 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: AndreasW | Date: 2017-03-02 11:18 | IP: IP Logged

I have activated the option 'Add Cr+Lf to EOF'. Now, when I save a file, PSPad 5 always adds Cr+Lf to the end of the file. PSPad 4 only did this if there was no Cr+Lf at the end of the file.

#28 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-02 14:30 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
But there are to many unwanted and unexplainable behaviors with settings redarding to the code page and newlines. PSPad seems not to respect the settings I made. e.g. new files will not get my code page and newline settings. I can not explain whats going on as it is too weird.

Thank you. Cause file handling is new, there is many such bugs that must be fixed.
The good news is tha it can be fixed easily.

Andreas:
I simply need to edit my files with unix newlines and UTF-8 as most developers want to. Sometimes I even saw the filenames in windows bar and the tabs as chinese characters.

I guess it happen when you have associated old PSPad for opening file and new pspad is running. In this case old PSPpad is started and sends ANSI string into new PSPad which awaits unicode input. Result is what you see - wrong name.

#29 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-03 09:29 | IP: IP Logged

AndreasW:
I have activated the option 'Add Cr+Lf to EOF'. Now, when I save a file, PSPad 5 always adds Cr+Lf to the end of the file. PSPad 4 only did this if there was no Cr+Lf at the end of the file.

Fixed.

#30 Re: PSPad 5.0 future

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-03-03 15:57 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Cause file handling is new, there is many such bugs that must be fixed.
The good news is tha it can be fixed easily.

I guess it happen when you have associated old PSPad for opening file and new pspad is running.

Thank you for your reply. I will wait for the scripting feature as I need it for my work. Then I will do more testing.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR