You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Questions about syntax files

Re: Questions about syntax files

#1 Questions about syntax files

Posted by: brolx | Date: 2017-01-26 13:19 | IP: IP Logged

Some questions about syntax files:

1. What's the purpose of the KeyWordChars as we have to specify the keywords explicitly? Or is there some way to specify wildcards?
If I add a keyword {mykw}, I don't see the point in specifying that curly braces could be present inside a keyword.

2. Is there any way to enforce syntax highlightning of keywords inside a string (while still highlighting the string)

3. What's the point of the = sign at the end of a keyword? Are there some other syntaxes allowed?

4. Little detail, but annoying: how are the highlighters sorted? Any way to change that order?

Thanks a lot

PS: if there is a spec somewhere rendering all my questions obsolete, please point me to that

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Questions about syntax files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-01-26 14:59 | IP: IP Logged

#3 Re: Questions about syntax files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-01-26 18:09 | IP: IP Logged

I think if you will use User highlighter definition (menu settings), you will understand it better.

1. Each group of keywords can have own color

2. No. String is String up to string end

3. Because I use INI file, I need to use INI file syntax (variable=value). Vaue doesn't exists, it's used for list only

4. There is no sort. But you can switch off highlighter from the menu (nre file, change syntax e.t.c.). Let there only highlighters you want to use actively. PSpad will still use all highlighters, but you will see only what you want to use.

#4 Re: Questions about syntax files

Posted by: brolx | Date: 2017-01-27 11:10 | IP: IP Logged

> String is String up to string end
It would be great to allow (some maybe) matching inside strings in the new engine. I can give practical examples where this is highly valuable

> There is no sort
In which order are the entry loaded?
Can I manage to order things myself by moving entries, renaming files or ids, etc.?

#5 Re: Questions about syntax files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-01-27 12:11 | IP: IP Logged

Sort order:

internal highlighters are given, user highlighter are in order you set it up

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR