You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: NanoTerm | Date: 2017-02-14 13:55 | IP: IP Logged

It works Windows defender

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-02-14 15:05 | IP: IP Logged

Try to install PSPad as portable version.

Or do not install the normal version into C:\programs\ or C:\programs (x86)\. Install it into e.g. C:\tools\. PSPad needs to write to *.ini files in its folder. Windows does not allow this in program folders.

Or run PSPad as administrator.

Or go to settings system integration and set it to save in user profile folder.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-14 15:07 by Andreas.

#13 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: billh78 | Date: 2017-02-24 17:00 | IP: IP Logged

Another solution is to go into the security properties of the folder in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86) and add your username to have full security rights to the folder and all subsequent folders and files. I was having issues running Tidy and did this to resolve that issue.

#14 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: damax | Date: 2019-08-21 08:33 | IP: IP Logged

'.phorum_html_encode('silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com').''">''.phorum_html_encode('silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com').'':
So I uninstalled PSPad and installed in my portable app folder. That fixed the problem. Lame workaround, but it works. Thanks.

Hey thanks! That helped me, too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 08:34 by damax.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR