You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Log parser

Re: Log parser

#1 Log parser

Posted by: RobertA | Date: 2016-05-04 20:45 | IP: IP Logged

Is there any way to run multiple log parsers on the log?

My build uses several test, static analysis, compile etc.. steps and there is not a mutually useful parser for all. Previous editors I've used allowed multiple parsers and would try each to find a match.

Robert

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Log parser

Posted by: RobertA | Date: 2016-05-05 14:27 | IP: IP Logged

Also given the log parser

"%F",%L

And the string in the log

"./test/serprot_selasc/test.cpp",14 ): error: Value of: 1

Debug gives
Filename : .\test\serprot_selasc\test.cpp
Line 14

But the file that is opened is

.\test\SEL_parse_top\test.cpp

Robert

#3 Re: Log parser

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2016-06-17 11:14 | IP: IP Logged

RobertA:
Debug gives
Filename : .\test\serprot_selasc\test.cpp
Line 14

But the file that is opened is

.\test\SEL_parse_top\test.cpp

There's an issue with the log parser in that if there isn't a fully-qualified path to the file, it will search for the leaf-filename only in your project. So if "test.cpp" exists earlier in the project than the one you actually want, it will open that instead of the correct one.

I found that the only way I could fix this was to modify the build to output the full path. Since I run my builds on linux (with the build command run using plink) that meant changing the Makefile to include:

%.o: %.c
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c `pwd`/$*.c -o $*.o

but since I'm assuming you're on Windows, I guess that won't work for you: perhaps there's a way (a flag, perhaps?) you can persuade your compiler to output the full paths in its output?

edit: stackoverflow says that vcbuild has a "Use Full Paths" option in Project Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Advanced... dunno if that helps you.

Geoff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 11:22 by gwinkless.

#4 Re: Log parser

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-06-17 18:57 | IP: IP Logged

If you use relative path and you have more files in your folders with same name, PSpad has no possibility to determine correct file.
If you use PSPad project, set up project path. This can be point to take relative files.

#5 Re: Log parser

Posted by: RobertA | Date: 2016-07-04 18:12 | IP: IP Logged

Yeah, the error's not coming from vcbuild (I don't run vcbuild) so that's not much use unfortunately. And that's already a complete path. Since the build must work in multiple sandboxes I certainly couldn't used a fixed path. I'd resist that in any case.

It's coming from the test suite. I'll see if there's a way to modify it but I really, really dislike moving from the base distribution, that's asking for trouble.

The problem is compounded by there being no method to run multiple parsers in PSPad. There is not one single parser that can successfully parse the log file.

Robert

#6 Re: Log parser

Posted by: RobertA | Date: 2016-07-04 18:14 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
If you use relative path and you have more files in your folders with same name, PSpad has no possibility to determine correct file.

I don't see why not. It knows where that base directory is.

pspad:

If you use PSPad project, set up project path. This can be point to take relative files.

I already do, the build process won't work unless I do so.

It would be nicer if it would work relative to the project file. That would move it closer to being able to keep it under revision control. As it is I have to recreate it for every change.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-04 18:17 by RobertA.

#7 Re: Log parser

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-07-04 18:58 | IP: IP Logged

Please be patient. I was forced to release new version and now I can continue on bug fixes and wishes

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR