You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Bookmarks disappearing randomly

Re: Bookmarks disappearing randomly

#1 Bookmarks disappearing randomly

Posted by: therium | Date: 2016-03-21 12:39 | IP: IP Logged

Since I started using PSPad 4.6.0 (2700) on Win 7, one or more bookmarks disappear randomly. Is there a control key combination that would do this that I might be hitting accidentally? If so, how do I turn off the control key that removes all bookmarks in a file?

I typically have a Perl .pl file open for several hours and my bookmarks are lost about once an hour.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Bookmarks disappearing randomly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-03-21 14:50 | IP: IP Logged

What does it mean "disallear randomnly"?
Do you use numbered bookmarks (symbol with number) or general bookmark (yellow dot)?

anyway
Alt+Left set bookmark
Alt+Right delete bookmark

#3 Re: Bookmarks disappearing randomly

Posted by: therium | Date: 2016-03-22 12:06 | IP: IP Logged

I think I use numbered bookmarks. To set/toggle I do control-shift-2. To go to bookmark I do control-2.

By disappearing randomly, I mean I set the bookmarks, then 15 minutes later while editing, I try to go to that bookmark, and it's no longer defined, and I didn't close the file or do anything else. I go to the line number, and look for the numbered bookmark and it is indeed gone.

So I suspect I'm accidentally hitting a key combination that might remove a bookmark.

I have been using PSPad for 2+ years with these bookmarks and never had a problem until version 4.6.0.

#4 Re: Bookmarks disappearing randomly

Posted by: therium | Date: 2016-03-23 12:59 | IP: IP Logged

Idea: can you make a tab/tree node for debugging in the Program Settings, and have a checkbox on this tab to show a message when bookmarks are deleted? This would help me narrow down the problem.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR