You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PHP Syntax check on ftp files

PHP Syntax check on ftp files

#1 PHP Syntax check on ftp files

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2016-02-06 09:29 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I'm writing a lot of php code with pspad and it works great. There is a feature that I loved a lot in the Netbeans IDE and it would be great if that could be used somehow in pspad too - syntax validation.

I was able to set up a syntax validation with the compile function but the compile field is greyed out when I am working on ftp.

It would be really great if you could explain why it is not enabled (as the file is on my hdd, in the tmp dir) and what to do about it. As an alternative I could imagine a plugin that calls the php interpreter with the path to the file as a parameter.

Not really necessary is the highlighting of the line with the error etc. Sometimes working in production is inevitable and uploading broken code (what sometimes also happens due to the threading problem and automatical backups without me even triggering the upload) that is included everywhere breaks the whole system.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PHP Syntax check on ftp files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-03-08 21:21 | IP: IP Logged

If you set up compiler for PHP, ensure you have PHP syntax selected and not a HTML multihighlighter. See the center of the statusbar.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR