You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Search and Replace Newlines

Re: Search and Replace Newlines

#1 Search and Replace Newlines

Posted by: WebUpdateWizard | Date: 2016-01-15 13:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I'm really silly or maybe this is a bug, but given the following text...

Pete
Liz
Sarah
Kate

.. I would like to replace the newline (line break) characters with commas, so that all 4 names are on a single line.

I think this is a regular expression '\n' as the search criterion but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Pete

--
Developer of the Web Update Wizard - add automatic updates to your software with 1 line of code! Visit www.PowerProgrammer.co.uk for more information!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Search and Replace Newlines

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2016-01-15 21:23 | IP: IP Logged

WebUpdateWizard:
Hi,
I would like to replace the newline (line break) characters with commas, so that all 4 names are on a single line.
Pete

Hi,
unfortunately, this is a limitation of the current search and replace engine of PSPad;
if your text is that simple (single word per line), you can use: Edit: Lines manipulation: Join lines
and replace the spaces with commas afterwards.
Otherwise scripting can be used for this.
hth,
vbr

#3 Re: Search and Replace Newlines

Posted by: WebUpdateWizard | Date: 2016-01-16 12:52 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for taking the trouble to respond. Appreciated!

Pete

--
Developer of the Web Update Wizard - add automatic updates to your software with 1 line of code! Visit www.PowerProgrammer.co.uk for more information!

#4 Re: Search and Replace Newlines

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2016-01-16 21:24 | IP: IP Logged

You also can use the addon phreplace phdesign.com.au

It's fast and comfortable. Use the enter key within the search or replace text for a newline.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR