You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

Re: How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

#1 How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2016-01-11 14:26 | IP: IP Logged

I have downloaded PsPad from

www.fosshub.com

(which is the link which can be reached from the PsPad download page). After unzipping, I started PsPad.exe, but the user interface seems to be in Czech language - or at least a language I'm not familiar with.

How can I switch the user interface to English?

Ronald

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-01-11 16:03 | IP: IP Logged

You must extract it with subfolders. I guess you have all in one folder.
Delete folder content, extract it again, this time with subfolders and PSPad will set English automatically for you.

#3 Re: How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2016-01-11 16:06 | IP: IP Logged

rovf:
I have downloaded PsPad from

www.fosshub.com

(which is the link which can be reached from the PsPad download page). After unzipping, I started PsPad.exe, but the user interface seems to be in Czech language - or at least a language I'm not familiar with.

How can I switch the user interface to English?

Ronald

Hi,
you have to unzip the downloaded file with a tool (or setting of the unpacker) which preserves the folder structure.
It looks like, in your case all files might be placed in one folder, hence the program is not finding the language files like
...\PSPad\Lang\English.INI

hth,
vbr

#4 Re: How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2016-01-28 09:08 | IP: IP Logged

Actually, I did have subfolders, but I extracted the zip file again in a different directory, and I notice now, that in my first installation, many files had been missing in the *top* folder, including all the language files!

I don't know, how this could have happened, but in any case it's working fine now.

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

#5 Re: How can I turn the PsPad interface to English?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-01-28 09:29 | IP: IP Logged

In the top folder is few files only - EXE, DLL... The rest is in subfolders
See the help, there is a description of PSPad folders and files

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR