You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > User Highlighter Block Comments

User Highlighter Block Comments

#1 User Highlighter Block Comments

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2015-11-17 16:05 | IP: IP Logged

I am currently trying to use PSPad to build and edit AutoIT3 scripts. While AutoIT3 does have a block comment form (short form: #cs_#ce) this form is not listed in the comment styles.

I thought that the Documentational Comment field might be used to add unique block comments (there is no documentation on this feature). When I edited the AutoIt3.INI file through the User Highlighter Definition interface and entered the string "#cs_#ce" in the Documentational Comment field, the DocComment parameter appeared in the AutoIT3.ini file with what I had typed in but no changes were evident in the way that AutoIT files were highlighted.

Hoping to edit the block comments manually, I checked one of the choices on the block comment side of the comment styles (#|_|#), thinking that I could find where it was defined and simply change it. However, the only thing that happened was that a parameter, "CLispComment=1", was added to the highlight file.

On this evidence, I must assume that block comments are defined within the PSPad executable or one of its libraries. Would it be possible to add AutoIT's block comment style to PSPad?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR