You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Can't save ftp connection settings

Re: Can't save ftp connection settings

#1 Can't save ftp connection settings

Posted by: jevpots | Date: 2015-10-09 11:36 | IP: IP Logged

Must be doing something stupid but can't find my way through. Grateful for any help.
Been using PsPad for years. Recently had to rebuild PC and let it install Windows 10. Installed PsPAd 4.6 and then tried to reset my ftp connection.

The problem is when I click on 'New Connection' and then input the settings and click 'OK' nothing is saved but the connection name (xxxx) does appear in the listing. CLicking on it to connect brings up the error message 'xxxx does not exist'

Any help appreciated

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Can't save ftp connection settings

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-10-09 11:54 | IP: IP Logged

For Windows 7 and newer
Please ensure that you don't install PSPad as portable. No application has rights to write into Program files folder.

You have 2 ways how to fix it:
1. Run PSPad installer again and uncheck option "Portable application" during setup.
2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment

Your previous setting will be preserverd.

#3 Re: Can't save ftp connection settings

Posted by: jevpots | Date: 2015-10-09 19:54 | IP: IP Logged

Many thanks - running as administrator fixed it

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR