You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Questions or Enhancements Re: Program Settings

Questions or Enhancements Re: Program Settings

#1 Questions or Enhancements Re: Program Settings

Posted by: Joyce-Anne | Date: 2015-10-08 11:02 | IP: IP Logged

I have been using this program for a while and it works extremely well. However, I have a couple of questions or requests for enhancement.

Under the Program Settings, there is an option under Editor (Part 1) to "Scroll past EOL and EOF". By checking this box, I am allowed to place the cursor anywhere on the line - even past the end of the line. It also allows me to scroll down past the last row in the file. This works as specified. However, I would like to be able to click on a line past the last character and have the cursor position itself on the last character - AND also be able to scroll past the last row in the file. If I uncheck the "Scroll past EOL and EOF" option this is what happens. But I am unable to scroll down past the last line in the file. To me, it would make more sense if these were 2 separate options rather than combined as 1 option. Is it possible to have this feature included in an upcoming release? If the option is already there, I haven't found it yet.

Is there a way to have the program highlight just the text such that the highlighting ends at the last character of every line? It is misleading to see the whole screen highlighted when in fact only the actual text should be highlighted.

I have changed the setting to word-wrap the lines at 190 characters, but at times the wrapping does not automatically occur when I open a file or paste data into the program. Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks for the great program!

Joyce-Anne

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Questions or Enhancements Re: Program Settings

Posted by: Joyce-Anne | Date: 2015-12-04 15:21 | IP: IP Logged

Any chance of getting a response on this?

Joyce

#3 Re: Questions or Enhancements Re: Program Settings

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-12-04 15:50 | IP: IP Logged

Split scroll past EOL and EOF is possible

Currently used component doesn't allow choose if there will be visible line eds only. But in the future it will be possible. See the thread: forum.pspad.com

Regardings wordwrap, same asnwer as above

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR