You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: Antonimo | Date: 2015-09-08 08:00 | IP: IP Logged

Version 4.5.9 (2600)

The Add/Remove Comment (Ctrl+Alt+a) item in the Format menu has stopped working for me. Has anybody else experienced this?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-08 08:43 | IP: IP Logged

It depends of highlighter. What highlighter do you use?

#3 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: Antonimo | Date: 2015-09-21 06:38 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for your reply.

I am using HTML multihighlighter. This is the highlighter that I have been using for years.

Any further thoughts?

Regards,

#4 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-21 08:37 | IP: IP Logged

HTML multihighlighter is set of individual highlighters and it switches highlighter depending of the content. In PHP is PHP highlighter used, in HTML part HTML highlighter e.t.c.

Add/Remove comments work for line comments only - PHP, JScript e.t.c. But it won't work in HTML part.

#5 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: Antonimo | Date: 2015-09-25 11:25 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks again. I think I have found the issue.

I installed a previous version and found that the top menu contained "Scripts" between "Tools" and "HTML". In the scripts menu was the Comments extension.

This meanu item seems to have gone after a recent upgrade.

Are extensions still supported and if so, where can I find them in the menu structure?

Regards,

#6 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-25 11:46 | IP: IP Logged

The menu item Scripts is created automatically if scripting support is allowed in the program settings / System integration

Individual menu items under scripts are created automatically by scripts.
If you install update, don't uninstall previous version, simple install new version over it. It will prevent all your settings.

If you are missing this script, go to PSPad page / PSPad extension
download Insert comment, unpack and copy file for language you want into PSPad subfolder .\Scripts\JScript

This folder should exists there. If not, run PSpad as administrator first and close it.

#7 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: Antonimo | Date: 2015-09-27 12:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

Thanks again. Once I had enabled scripting support in the program settings / System integration everything was working again.

smiling smiley

#8 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: Wirek | Date: 2016-03-04 17:34 | IP: IP Logged

Antonimo:
Version 4.5.9 (2600)

The Add/Remove Comment (Ctrl+Alt+a) item in the Format menu has stopped working for me. Has anybody else experienced this?

Hello!

I have a similar problem except some details that follow... winking smiley

PSPad: v. 4.6.1 (2707)
highlighters: XHTML multihighlighter, PHP, JavaScript, Cascading Style Sheet

My own, changed shortcut key (Ctrl+/) doesn't work for menu option "Format" / "Add/Remove Comment" and there is no key mapping conflicts in the editor as far as I know. The menu option does work fine when I click it with a mouse. My shortcut key didn't work in few past versions also but I've been ignoring it for some time now. Since I do more commenting in source files recently the mouse clicking alternative has became too slow for me and too anoying. I think there's a problem with a slash (/) in key mapping mechanism. Am I doomed to the original (and inconvenient to me) shortcut key (Shift+Ctrl+A) for this menu option to work?

Kind regards

#9 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: Wirek | Date: 2016-03-30 20:00 | IP: IP Logged

More info in a subject of the problematic shortcut key combination (Ctrl+/) is in the following thread:
"PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714)" (forum.pspad.com).

At the moment the most recent build is "PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2716)" but I don't know of any progress in this matter so far - I'm not testing Beta version 2716 and I didn't get answers to my questions yet. I know Jan Fiala is a very busy man - we all are, aren't we?
Good luck to you all!

#10 Re: Add/Remove Comment not working

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-03-31 05:30 | IP: IP Logged

Wirek:
More info in a subject of the problematic shortcut key combination (Ctrl+/) is in the following thread:
"PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714)" (forum.pspad.com).

At the moment the most recent build is "PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2716)" but I don't know of any progress in this matter so far - I'm not testing Beta version 2716 and I didn't get answers to my questions yet. I know Jan Fiala is a very busy man - we all are, aren't we?
Good luck to you all!

We will continue in your thread:
forum.pspad.com

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR