You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Toggle for right edge? (Wish List)

Re: Toggle for right edge? (Wish List)

#1 Toggle for right edge? (Wish List)

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2015-08-21 19:47 | IP: IP Logged

Windows 8.1 and 10 allow program windows to snap to the edges of screen, allowing two or more programs to be visible at once.

I usually use PSPad snapped to the left, with the right edge set to 90 and with word wrap enabled. That way I can type while looking at a document in the other window, which is snapped to the right.

Sometimes my text in the html document takes up a lot of lines on the screen, but I need to see the entire paragraph (well, single line, which may be hundreds of characters long). To do this, I expand the PSPad window to full size, and change my right edge to 180 or so. When I don't need the wider display any more, I change the right edge back to 90 and snap the window to the left side of my screen again.

Each change requires me to select Settings, Program Setting, Editor Part 2, and then put a number into the Position of Right Edge box. Then I must select either Apply or OK to complete the change.

I wonder if a future build of PSPad could include two user-settable Position of Right Edge buttons on the toolbar, enabling the user to switch back and forth with fewer mouse movements, please ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 19:51 by David in Delta.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Toggle for right edge? (Wish List)

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2015-08-21 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

1 - This is not the place to be posting requests
2 - Just right click on the top ruler to place the right edge.

--
Carbonize

#3 Re: Toggle for right edge? (Wish List)

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-08-22 04:23 | IP: IP Logged

wordwrap can be done with screen width too, not only with right edge. maybe it's solution for you without switching it

#4 Re: Toggle for right edge? (Wish List)

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2015-08-31 09:48 | IP: IP Logged

carbonize:
1 - This is not the place to be posting requests

Moved to English sub forum...

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR