You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > How to load a text URL into my default browser?

How to load a text URL into my default browser?

#1 How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: Tundra | Date: 2015-05-11 02:48 | IP: IP Logged

If I have a URL in a text file, is there a way I can load that into my default web browser?

I don't see any function for this in the help file. I am moving to PsPad from Multi-Edit, and here is how it is done in ME.

1. Hover the mouse over a valid URL and right click. One of the entries in the menu is OPEN whatevertheURLwas. If right clicking on a non-URL, there is no OPEN item in that menu.

2. That method isn't perfect, because a space character in a URL results in in truncated URL attempt. ME never fixed this, but the way to do it would be to also have the right-click method work on a selected block of text that is a URL.

It would be great to have this implemented -- it is very handy.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-11 05:24 | IP: IP Logged

In plaintext file URL is highlighted (Program settings/Program 2 - highlight URL)
Pres Ctrl and click on the mouse

#3 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2015-05-12 08:13 | IP: IP Logged

Jan what he is asking for is the ability to open selected text via right click because sometimes a URL has a space in it so breaks the link.

--
Carbonize

#4 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-12 09:51 | IP: IP Logged

In this case select URL and with right mouse use Open selected file in default application

#5 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: Tundra | Date: 2015-05-13 04:18 | IP: IP Logged

I didn't know about the Ctrl-mouse method. However, I recommend that in addition PsPad implement the method I described because it can be used with the one hand I already have on the mouse -- faster and easier. Hover the mouse, right-click, and click Open.

Also, it would be good if both methods would open the browser window immediately, without the need to go to the button in the system tray and click it.

#6 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-13 05:29 | IP: IP Logged

There is such metod - you need to select link (especially if there are spaces), right click and open in default application menu item.

#7 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2015-05-13 09:04 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan, ctrl mouseover only works without highlighter (only txt). Is that intended?

#8 Re: How to load a text URL into my default browser?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-05-13 09:22 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, cause URL highlight uses highlighter too.
If you switch off syntax highlight, PSPad will highlight you URL's, cause in this case it switches highlighter to URL one.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR