You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Two things that upset me

Re: Two things that upset me

#1 Two things that upset me

Posted by: Skaurus | Date: 2015-02-25 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!

I'm using PSPad for many years and I'm really used to it and love it. Most of the time smiling smiley

There are two things that sometimes drives me a bit crazy.
1) each time I start my editor by opening a project file, Tool Panel is there. I have to press Ctrl+F2 each time.
2) big files - few thousand lines - are opened with line wrap off (and all files after them lose line wrap too) and with empty Code Explorer. I have to turn line wrap on for the first big file and all the files after it; and I have to refresh Code Explorer for each big file.

This may seem like nothing, but it eats my brain for years. I understand that probably it's done to speed up editor start but I'm soooo ready to wait for it.

Is there any hope that these nuances will get fixed?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Two things that upset me

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-25 20:34 | IP: IP Logged

1. Check if you don't install PSPad as portable into program files folder. Look into Program settings / System integration if multiuser environment is checked. If not and PSPad is in Program files, it has no rights to write into it's ini file. To fix it run PSpad as administrator and check this option.
PSPad remember state of near everything - if you hite left panel, it will stay hidden.

#3 Re: Two things that upset me

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-25 20:36 | IP: IP Logged

2. This is intentional, cause WordWrap on slow down speed of opening.
For code explorer go to Program settings and press Direct edit button.
Increase value of variable CodeExplorerLimit=200000
As default is set to 200 000 bytes. Increase it e.g. to 1 milion.

#4 Re: Two things that upset me

Posted by: Skaurus | Date: 2015-02-26 13:21 | IP: IP Logged

Amazing, thanks!

That should fix most of my problems.
But one thing remains - let imagine that I'm opening a project with 10 files. When it was saved all 10 files had line wrap on. Now, fifth file is big enough to skip lines wrap. Problem is, line wrap will be turned off for 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th files.

#5 Re: Two things that upset me

Posted by: Skaurus | Date: 2015-03-01 18:25 | IP: IP Logged

Regarding Tool Panel. I found out that only one of my computers have this problem;
PSPad there installed in Multi User Enviroment (option checked), and pspad.ini (it's in Roaming folder) modification time is updated between editor restarts, but Tool Panel is still opened each time, although editor was closed with it disabled. Any further thoughts?

#6 Re: Two things that upset me

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-03-01 18:34 | IP: IP Logged

Tool panel is open automatically in case pspad starts with project.
Press new project button, close tool panel and close PSPad.

#7 Re: Two things that upset me

Posted by: Skaurus | Date: 2015-03-13 22:08 | IP: IP Logged

This (my answer) was slow, but thanks)

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR