You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Windows 8.1 crashes PSPad?

Re: Windows 8.1 crashes PSPad?

#1 Windows 8.1 crashes PSPad?

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2015-02-23 19:22 | IP: IP Logged

1/

I've just closed PSPad 4.5.9 running in Windows 8.1 and a little window popped up labelled "Application Error." It says "Exception EInvalidOperation in module PSPad.exe at 0008C05C. Control 'Editor2' has no parent window."

I used to get this in PSPad 4.5.7 too. What does it mean? Is it important enough to try to fix it, and if so, how?

2/
I suspect this is a related problem. PSPad "pinned" to my Windows 8.1 taskbar, but when I tried to reopen it, the taskbar could no longer find the file.

3/
So I "unpinned" the program, searched for the file in the folder I downloaded it to, opened that and got thethe Czech version. I cannot read the menus to find out which one might allow me to use the English version again nor do I have any way to find the English version of the program without downloading the zip file from the English mirror site.

It would be really nice if the various versions had small buttons across the top
to allow the user to change languages and if the executable file filenames would showed which language they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 19:23 by David in Delta.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Windows 8.1 crashes PSPad?

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2015-02-23 19:40 | IP: IP Logged

OK I found the file - the main folder has PSPad.exe (4876 kb) and the zip folder which is in the main folder has PSPad.exe (4877 kb). It's the 4877 kb file I want, and I've opened it now.

My suggestion/request for a language switching menu within each version and/or a language identifier built into the filename still seems like something that would be useful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 19:42 by David in Delta.

#3 Re: Windows 8.1 crashes PSPad?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-23 20:08 | IP: IP Logged

The is no problem with language except one cases:
you have PSPad.exe without subfolder .\Lang containing localizations
you unpack ZIP archive with PSPad without subfolders.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR