You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Change Hotkey (for dates)

Re: Change Hotkey (for dates)

#1 Change Hotkey

Posted by: der_stevie | Date: 2015-02-17 13:38 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Folks,
how can I change the Hotkey <br> ctrl+Enter to <br />?

THX

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Change Hotkey

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-17 13:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Go to menu Settings / Edit clip definition file / HTML (or XHTML, depends which one you use)
Search for <br>
Change it to <br />

#3 Re: Change Hotkey

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2015-02-17 14:03 | IP: IP Logged

Make sure you're working on an html document not on an xhtml. With html the correct br is <br> with xhtml the correct one is <br />.

The correct versions are already in the DEF files.

You can edit those files be settings-'Edit clip definition file'.

Sorry Jan, didn't read your post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-17 14:05 by Andreas.

#4 Re: Change Hotkey

Posted by: der_stevie | Date: 2015-02-17 15:00 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks, found the entry, but SaveError sad smiley

#5 Re: Change Hotkey

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-17 18:13 | IP: IP Logged

der_stevie:
Thanks, found the entry, but SaveError sad smiley

If you want to replace files in program files folder, run PSPad with right mpouse as administrator. It will allows you to save code clips file

#6 Re: Change Hotkey (for dates)

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2015-02-22 23:01 | IP: IP Logged

I give up. I am not a programmer so the technical discussions defeat me. Simply put, my questions is a bit like the beginning of this thread.

In build 4.5.9 (2529) running on Windows 8.1, how do I change the Alt-D function to produce just the date rather than both the date and time? For instance, I want 2015-02-22, instead of 2015-02-22 2:47:09 PM

There doesn't appear to be an HTML.DEF file in the folder I run PSPAD from, although there was a file by that name in the folder I used for version 4.5.7. Alt-D did what I wanted in that version.

When I use the Settings/Edit Cliff Definition File/HTML, I've changed the only thing that resembles a date to %datetime%=@C datetime=,datetime=,,YYYY-MM-DD," but that does nothing, so far as I can tell.

There is nothing in the HTML.DEF that opens with Settings/Edit Cliff Definition File/HTML that seems to resemble @D, although there are lots of @C and @E, etc.

#7 Re: Change Hotkey (for dates)

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-23 06:27 | IP: IP Logged

Open DateTime dialog from the Edit menu and set format for DateTime you need.
In code clips you can use %Date% and %time% variable instead od %datetime%. Format for all variable you can set in menu Settings / Variables

#8 Re: Change Hotkey (for dates)

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2015-02-23 18:41 | IP: IP Logged

Wonderful! Thank you so much.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR