You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > With scroll past EOL, acts as if file is much wider

With scroll past EOL, acts as if file is much wider

#1 With scroll past EOL, acts as if file is much wider

Posted by: bxle | Date: 2015-02-11 18:51 | IP: IP Logged

I recently enabled the setting "Scroll past EOL and EOF". While I like the way it works, I've noticed that I get a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window even when the open file has fewer columns in its longest record than the visible number of columns in the window. I have run programs to verify that the longest record in one file, for example, has 85 characters, but when I have a PSPad window with 120 columns visible, I still see a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that is less than one-eighth of the visible width, and when I scroll all the way to the right the ruler says it's showing column 1090! I get the same result even when I close all the files but one and close and reopen PSPad. I would expect not to see that scroll bar under those conditions. Is that a bug?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: With scroll past EOL, acts as if file is much wider

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-02-11 18:59 | IP: IP Logged

When you have scroll past EOL enabled, you must have possibility to scroll anywhere and have possibility to click anywhere behind the line end.

#3 Re: With scroll past EOL, acts as if file is much wider

Posted by: bxle | Date: 2015-02-12 08:16 | IP: IP Logged

OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR