You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

#1 Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2015-01-11 11:24 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
as I have already seen, discussions of this has already happened and was dropped. However I cannot understand the argument on pspad being a text editor, so it only can upload/work with text files on ftp. This is not reasonable because of several points and pspad is more than a text editor for a while now. The most important one for me is that ftp support is already there, so it should work as expected.

You should consider the workflow of working on the web.
Working with php or html on the server and switching to another program, where you have to go through several steps to establish a connection, chose the correct working directory on the server and on the client is a lot of unnecessary work.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-01-11 12:34 | IP: IP Logged

OK. Give some complex idea how PSPad should handle FTP.
PSPad isn't file manager, there won't be 2 panels e.t.c.

#3 Re: Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2015-01-11 18:17 | IP: IP Logged

Drag and drop on to FTP pane? Also you can drag the FTP panel to the right hand side then drag and rop from the file explorer on to the FTP panel.

RJ TextEd has a built in file manager/FTP but the program is clunky, slow and no where near as good as PSPad in my opinion.

--
Carbonize

#4 Re: Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-01-11 18:59 | IP: IP Logged

Drag/Drop is way, but not a useable to all.
In some future version will be project synchronization with FTP. In this case you can have in Project any type of file, include images. Maybe it will be acceptable way.

#5 Re: Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: Get Free | Date: 2015-01-11 21:00 | IP: IP Logged

I have an idea on how it could be done really simple:
Make it possible to upload a file opened in the HEX editor.

On a normal file, if you hit Ctrl+Shift+S, the file is uploaded to FTP. The same thing should happen if you hit Ctrl+Shift+S in the HEX editor.

The upload should be done in binary mode, obviously.

#6 Re: Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-01-12 05:27 | IP: IP Logged

There is no problem to add possibility for upload file from Hex editor.

#7 Re: Feature request: FTP upload for all file types

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2015-01-15 16:33 | IP: IP Logged

This would be enough for me, drag and drop is not really convenient because this would break the idea to stay inside the program.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR