You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

#1 Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Posted by: URZ | Date: 2014-12-13 19:27 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.

Used Ultra Edit before, but decided to find replacement for it. So, now trying pspad.

One thing annoying me. When you activate replace window(ctrl+R) in my case, i can't select text in main window to copy it. In Ultra Edit you can interact with main window without restrictions. It's possible to copy texts, select another files from the tab etc, when replace window active. I find this very usefull. I don't know to much about Delphi, but maybe it's possible to do something with this.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-12-14 05:53 | IP: IP Logged

This is what your are looking for
www.phdesign.com.au

#3 Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Posted by: URZ | Date: 2014-12-14 09:51 | IP: IP Logged

This is not. I just want to be able to interact with the main window, even when replace window is active. I don't understand why it's not possible. Of course i am not developer to decide what to do. It's only my user experience.

#4 Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-14 12:11 | IP: IP Logged

It isn't possible now. In my plans are replace whole search/replace engine top support directly multiline search/replace e.t.c. When I will do it, I can implement nonmodal dialog.

#5 Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Posted by: URZ | Date: 2014-12-14 14:28 | IP: IP Logged

OK. Thank you for your answer.

#6 Re: Main window interactions and replace dialog.

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-12-14 20:03 | IP: IP Logged

URZ:
This is not. I just want to be able to interact with the main window, even when replace window is active.

That's why I told you this is what you're looking for. You can interact with the main window, even can switch through different tabs. "Multiline Search / Replace" stays open, even after you replaced something.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR