You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

#1 Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: AskMe | Date: 2014-12-04 12:09 | IP: IP Logged

1. The paired brackets in the latest version of PSPad (just downloaded)
in windows 8.1 x64 are not highlighted (not in bold). Value Editor is lost in the process. This is in html and javascript files in.

2. The cursor disappears in the editor, there is only a yellow stripe distinguishes line editing, as it can be edited, but at random, ie, character writing, and no one knows where it will be, and the same with the introduction of the transfer lines. The situation gets better if you include html view and back to the editor, but works such amendment through time, and only until the next page view, and everything is repeated.

Please tell me how to set up the editor

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-04 16:40 | IP: IP Logged

Matching brackets:
Go to program settings / Program 1 and check option highlight matching brackets

I suggest you to download latest developer build - I added lot of compatibility for Windows 8 and above:
forum.pspad.com

Simply replace existing files

#3 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-12-04 17:53 | IP: IP Logged

4.5.9 2519 Windows 7

Highlighting works for "[{(" but not for angle brackets "<". Is this intended? I don't miss it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 17:53 by Andreas.

#4 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-04 18:32 | IP: IP Logged

it depends of highlighter

#5 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: AskMe | Date: 2014-12-05 08:02 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas thank you!
I downloaded the new files. And now matching parentheses are highlighted.

It would be very different if the guys were illuminated braces to and in the newly created files to html + javascript, because right now to see highlighting in javascript is required to close the editor and open the whole program again and then highlighting and there is a new file.

#6 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: AskMe | Date: 2014-12-05 08:23 | IP: IP Logged

2. Loss of the cursor is in the event that javascript on the page is what that error. If there is no error, the cursor does not disappear even after returning to continue editing.

3. And there was a new option, which is not very much: if the editor to write something and then go to another window, such as the Chrome browser, and then return to PSPad editor, you will see an alert: "The contents of the file izmenilos.Obnovit?" .
It takes time, requires extra steps and nerves, or all produced before editing the text will simply be lost and all you have to restore. In previous versions and this was not been better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-05 08:25 by AskMe.

#7 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: AskMe | Date: 2014-12-05 08:41 | IP: IP Logged

3. I want to clarify, in earlier versions of the editor, if the file perl (perl.pl) was opened not only in PSPad editor but also for example in notepad or DZSift Perl Editor,
then saved a new file in Notepad and offered to reopen in PSPad editor, which is very convenient.
For now, just going to the Chrome and returned to PSPad editor window appears cancel the change, which is not good.

#8 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-05 09:40 | IP: IP Logged

AskMe:
Andreas thank you!
I downloaded the new files. And now matching parentheses are highlighted.

It would be very different if the guys were illuminated braces to and in the newly created files to html + javascript, because right now to see highlighting in javascript is required to close the editor and open the whole program again and then highlighting and there is a new file.

There must be some worng settings. There is no necessary to reopen program to see highlighted text

AskMe:
3. And there was a new option, which is not very much: if the editor to write something and then go to another window, such as the Chrome browser, and then return to PSPad editor, you will see an alert: "The contents of the file izmenilos.Obnovit?" .

How did you installed PSPad? It looks like there is something wrong with your installtion.
If you used installer, are you sure you didn't install PSPad as portable into program files?
I suggested you to use latest developer build. Did you do it?

AskMe:
3. I want to clarify, in earlier versions of the editor, if the file perl (perl.pl) was opened not only in PSPad editor but also for example in notepad or DZSift Perl Editor,
then saved a new file in Notepad and offered to reopen in PSPad editor, which is very convenient.
For now, just going to the Chrome and returned to PSPad editor window appears cancel the change, which is not good.

To be honest, I don't understand you. PSPad detect changes when you restore (set active) PSPad window in case size or timestamt of the file is changed.

#9 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: AskMe | Date: 2014-12-05 10:11 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, I downloaded pspad459b2521.zip and replace the files in my folder on the new.
Try to remove the whole installation PSPad, and install again. And there again, copy all the files from pspad459b2521.zip.

#10 Re: Matching parentheses are not highlighted and the cursor disappears

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-05 10:16 | IP: IP Logged

Can you please make some step by step what causes wrong file change detection?

Can you please make some step by step what causes you open file without highlighting?
How big is your file?
It's JS file?
Does it open with JavaScript highlighter or HTML multihighlighter?

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR