You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Request: support for wildcards on command line

Request: support for wildcards on command line

#1 Request: support for wildcards on command line

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-11-27 15:28 | IP: IP Logged

Okay, I really hope I'm not sounding ungrateful now; I'm TRULY grateful for all the command-line support that you've recently added for me!! smiling smiley

Is it possible to get added support for wildcards on the command line??
for example, "pspad *.iss" ... (I use this particular command every time I need to release a new version of my software package here)

Right now, to add a group of files to the editor, I either need to load them one at a time, or open explorer then select and drag-n-drop to the editor. The above option would be useful to me.

Happy holidays...

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Request: support for wildcards on command line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-27 15:31 | IP: IP Logged

The support for wildcards already exists. But it's limited for wildcards in filename, not in the path

#3 Re: Request: support for wildcards on command line

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-11-28 02:37 | IP: IP Logged

hmmm... unfortunately, that's another one that only works if pspad is *not* already open!!

I'm in a directory containing the following files:
elcal.iss
inno.chinese.iss
inno.iss

If pspad is *not* open, "pspad *.iss" works as expected. However, if it is already open, only the first file (inno.iss) is loaded...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-28 02:37 by Gorlash.

#4 Re: Request: support for wildcards on command line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-28 08:49 | IP: IP Logged

OK, fixed. Wait for the next build.

#5 Re: Request: support for wildcards on command line

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-12-01 02:27 | IP: IP Logged

Yes!! build 2521 appears to work with all current and previous issues, as far as I can recall all the different forms to test.

Thank you again for all of your assistance.
Gorlash

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR