You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Recent Files Missing

Re: Recent Files Missing

#1 Recent Files Missing

Posted by: swbrains | Date: 2014-10-24 16:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I recently re-installed PSPad on a new PC. While there are files showing up in the recent files list, I would have expected to see the most recent file I just edited in the list, particularly at the top. But I can't find it at all. I usually open files by double clicking in Explorer or another app and it is associated with PSPad, rather than opening it in PSPad, but I wouldn't think that would matter.

Is there some setting that controls how files are added to, or the order they appear in, the recent files list?

Thanks!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-24 17:34 | IP: IP Logged

All configuration is in User profile folder.
On Windows XP it was:
\Document and settings\<name>\Application data\PSPad

#3 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: swbrains | Date: 2014-10-26 03:10 | IP: IP Logged

I'm not sure I understand the response. Is there some setting I need to change?

#4 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-26 08:06 | IP: IP Logged

If you want to integrate PSPad into system, go to program settings / System integration.
Uncheck and check any of settings and apply.

You can simple integrate any extension in program settings / registered file types
Add extension you want to open directly with PSpad and press register all button

#5 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: swbrains | Date: 2014-10-26 22:08 | IP: IP Logged

I must not be clearly explaining my problem. On the system integration page, I don't see any settings related to making recently-opened files appear in the recent files menu in PSPad.

#6 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-27 06:16 | IP: IP Logged

swbrains:
I must not be clearly explaining my problem. On the system integration page, I don't see any settings related to making recently-opened files appear in the recent files menu in PSPad.

Recent files list is stored in the Recent.ini
If you run Windows Vista or 7 and above and you install PSpad as portable, there will be a problem. no application has right to write into Program files folder. PSpad can't store recent, settings e.t.c.

You can reinstall it again with Portable option switched off or run PSPad as administrator (with right mouse), go to program settings / System integration and check Multiuser environment option

#7 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-10-27 10:23 | IP: IP Logged

Or install portable version in your own folder (not in windows program folders). There PSPad has all rights to save files.

#8 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: swbrains | Date: 2014-10-27 14:28 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks. I discovered that my PSPad (in Program Files) directory under Win 8.1 had the read-only attribute set. When I made that folder NOT read-only, everything worked and the recent files were saved in the list as expected.

#9 Re: Recent Files Missing

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-27 14:34 | IP: IP Logged

It's a Windows feature - if you set R/O to application, ale files are open as R/O

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR