You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > feature request - bookmark positioning

feature request - bookmark positioning

#1 feature request - bookmark positioning

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-10-16 17:28 | IP: IP Logged

I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but it would be *very* useful for me!!

Currently, when a bookmark is placed in a file, and I jump back to that bookmark, the bookmark is placed in the center of the screen.

However, I often bookmark the function name, or block of code, that I'm working in, and leave it at the top of the window. I then continue working further down in the function. I would really be grateful if the bookmarks would remember where (on the screen) they were located when the bookmark was set, and then restore to that position when I jump back again...

In other words, if the bookmark was at the top of the screen when it was placed, that is where it would be restored when I return to the bookmark; but if the cursor was at screen line 20 when the bookmark was placed, again that is how the screen would be restored when I return.

I use bookmarks alot in my working day, so this would make pspad work much more smoothly for me!!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: feature request - bookmark positioning

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-16 17:58 | IP: IP Logged

Position of the bookmark is common for search result position:
Program settings / Editor 2 as Search result option
Try e.g. Top settings if it wont fit better for you

#3 Re: feature request - bookmark positioning

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-10-16 21:06 | IP: IP Logged

Okay, that will work sufficiently. It would have been ideal to have the program actually remember where I had the cursor when I set the bookmark, but in most cases, "restore to top of page" will serve me just fine!! Thanks.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR