You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > request: option to turn off "file has changed, reload?"

request: option to turn off "file has changed, reload?"

#1 request: option to turn off "file has changed, reload?"

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-10-10 19:34 | IP: IP Logged

I would actually like pspad to *always* reload if the file is changed by someone else...

The most common place this occurs is in the PcLint results file... every time I run PcLint, this file is re-generated, and I usually just leave the results file in my editor while I'm resolving lint errors; so this repeated question is superfluous for me.

There is plenty of room in the Confirmations settings page, for this option...

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: request: option to turn off "file has changed, reload?"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-10 19:59 | IP: IP Logged

This possibility already exists.
Set autorefresh for your file (menu Window). PSpad should automatically reload file if changed.

#3 Re: request: option to turn off "file has changed, reload?"

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-10-11 11:08 | IP: IP Logged

huh... okay...
I didn't expect to find that option in a menu; seems like it should be in the Settings menu with the other settings...
Still getting to know this new program!!
Thanks

#4 Re: request: option to turn off "file has changed, reload?"

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-10-13 17:18 | IP: IP Logged

Actually, this menu appears to implemented on a file-by-file basis; I would much rather be able to set this globally; in practice, I *always* want a changed file to be re-loaded automatically. Could you put this on your todo list???

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR