You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Only two recent projects in menu

Only two recent projects in menu

#1 Only two recent projects in menu

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2014-10-06 20:34 | IP: IP Logged

I have added a third project to PSPad. The list of recent projects still has only two entries, with the new project missing. I have saved the project again, I have restarted PSPad, no change.

Any idea?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Only two recent projects in menu

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-07 04:40 | IP: IP Logged

Please ensure that you havn't installed PSPad as portable. No application has rights to write into Program files folder.

You have 2 ways how to fix it:
1. Run PSPad installer again and uncheck option "Portable application" during setup.
2. Run PSPad as administrator (use right mouse) to elevate PSpad rights, go to Program settings/System and check Multiuser environment

Your previous setting will be preserverd.

#3 Re: Only two recent projects in menu

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2014-10-07 14:18 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad had been installed using an account with admin rights, no portable installation and multiuser was enabled. This was not the root cause.

After I have deleted the section [Recent Projects] from the Recent.ini file, I can now see three recent projects.

Problem solved smiling smiley, but not understood sad smiley.

#4 Re: Only two recent projects in menu

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-10-07 17:50 | IP: IP Logged

@Jan

I've installed PSPad in my portable folder C:\Portable and this seems to work on win 7 64. PSPad has the rights to write in this folder without running it as admin. Seems that only the windows program folders are restricted.

#5 Re: Only two recent projects in menu

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-07 18:56 | IP: IP Logged

Windows Vista and above prevents program to write into system folders like Windows, Root C:\, Program files, ...
Even you are administrator, the system runs program with USER rights equivalent. You need to elevate rights (run as admin) if you need it or switch off UAC to disable this control to allow a program write into protected folders. I don't suggest to switch off UAC . It's a good prevention to keep your system folders at least little clean.

You can put your portable application to a separate folder - you use \Portable, I use \Programs... You can easily copy it when you reinstall your system.
Or you can set PSPad to run in multiuser environment (Program settings / System). This option sets your user profile for PSPad config files where logged user has write rights.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR