You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > How to get back all of prev TABS?

How to get back all of prev TABS?

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

#1 How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: maki | Date: 2014-09-20 10:51 | IP: IP Logged

How to get back all of prev open 100+ TABS?

Opening several text files resulted in the auto-removal of the previous 100 TABS :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-20 10:58 by maki.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-20 13:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I am sorry, but I don't understand you. Do you want to tell your tabs was closed when you open new files or ...?

There is limit on of recent files. PSPad doesn't keep hundreds of previously open files in recent list. In default is 40 files.

#3 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: maki | Date: 2014-09-20 15:20 | IP: IP Logged

My project was deleted after he opened the text file.
I'm really becoming more and more frustrated with some programs that I have ever lose data

but every time one did not help, and very few people are interested and the data are lost angry smiley

I've always had open more than 100 tabs and you're telling me that the default is 40?
Suddenly were closed and the program DOES NOT INFORM THAT project has been DELETED?
This program SHOULD have protection against the loss PROJECT-TABS

I set the BACKUP but there is no data in the folder! This backup is a total fiction in an unexpected moment!

BACKUP Pspad = Empty DATA! (0 TABS open)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-20 15:29 by maki.

#4 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-20 16:38 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I guess your project wasn't deleted. You have only individual files open instead of project.
Press small arrow next to open project button. You should see recent project file. Open your project and all your files will be back.

In PSPad you can work with individual files or with projects.
PSPad doesn't delete files if you don't do it using PSPad file explorer intentionally.

#5 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-20 16:43 | IP: IP Logged

maki:
I set the BACKUP but there is no data in the folder! This backup is a total fiction in an unexpected moment!

BACKUP Pspad = Empty DATA! (0 TABS open)

If you had backup active, PSPad backed up any file you were working with. It depends of option you choosed. Backup folder (if there is possible to write - file access) will keep original file structure.
If you set your backup folder to C:\Bakup\ and your file cames from D:\my folder\file.txt, in the backup folder will be file saved in c:\Backup\i\my folder\file.txt

If your folder is empty, it means you didn't set it or you set it into place where you don't have rights to write.
Can you send me screenshot of your Program settings / backup tab?

#6 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-20 17:05 | IP: IP Logged

The question is if you really used PSPad project. 100 individual open tabs in any editor isn't project. It's 100 individual files. It's similar as in webbrowser. There is no protection to keep your files open because no such thing is necessary.
PSPad offers you several way how to handle your files:
1. Project - the best way, but I am not sure if you used it
2. Session - you can save and load any count of individual files as session. Anytime you can load it back at once.

Both possibilities are described in PSPad help.

Can you tell me what of two possibilities above did you used?

PSPad backup (into backup folder or backup with changed extension) works in PSPad several years without change.

#7 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: maki | Date: 2014-09-21 11:08 | IP: IP Logged

Backup - automatic creation of (real-time change detection) ?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-21 11:16 by maki.

#8 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-21 11:43 | IP: IP Logged

maki:
Backup - automatic creation of (real-time change detection) ?

I see you filled in backup folder, but you choosed add tilde as backup style. If you want to use backup folder, you have to choose this option!

Backup = process of backing up, refers to the copying and archiving of computer data so it may be used to restore the original after a data loss event.
In world of text editors it means save state before file is saved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-21 11:47 by pspad.

#9 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: maki | Date: 2014-09-21 11:48 | IP: IP Logged

1 how to best set backup (please screen)
2 how to restore project?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-21 11:53 by maki.

#10 Re: How to get back all of prev TABS?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-21 11:59 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.
If you want to use backup to folder, select option under folder, not option to add tilde to file extension - see your screen.

Did you really used PSPad project (left panel) - file with PPR extension?
Did you try to open your project from project recent files? PSPad doesn't delete project files or any other files you edit. If your project file is deleted, you did it outside PSPad (maybe accidentaly).

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR