You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > No Print

No Print

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 No Print

Posted by: Fredsan | Date: 2014-05-28 17:45 | IP: IP Logged

Newbie here, just installed PsPad, a lot of options are not highlighted. Can't print or save, what's wrong?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: No Print

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-05-28 17:59 | IP: IP Logged

You can't print or save if no file is open.
Can you provide screenshot please?

#3 Re: No Print

Posted by: Fredsan | Date: 2014-05-29 06:22 | IP: IP Logged

When I first start the program, the print and print preview options are normal. As soon as I open a file, those options are grayed out.

#4 Re: No Print

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-05-29 06:32 | IP: IP Logged

I am sorry, I am not able to simulate it.
Can you please send screenshot?
What PSpad version do you use?
Is any printer installed and marked as default in your system?

#5 Re: No Print

Posted by: Fredsan | Date: 2014-05-29 07:24 | IP: IP Logged

I don't know how to get a screenshot. I'm using version 4.5.8, but also tried 4.5.7. Both do the same thing. At program start, icons on the task bar show most of the icons normal. As soon as I open a file ,most go gray. Search, Replace text, search/replace seem to be ok. Find matching bracket, bookmark list, print preview, print, next 5 items up to set read only go gray.

#6 Re: No Print

Posted by: Fredsan | Date: 2014-05-29 07:35 | IP: IP Logged

When PsPad first opens, it starts with a 1.New1.txt blank page. I can use print, preview, etc from here, although the page is blank. Everything at this point looks normal. It's only when I open a new file that most options go gray. The new file is listed as 2..(filename), options grayed out. If I highlight New1.txt, the options go back to available. The file I open is just a normal hex file, all data seems to be displayed normally. I can edit data, just can't print anything. Very strange.

#7 Re: No Print

Posted by: Fredsan | Date: 2014-05-29 07:42 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, printer is installed, I can access printer options, have tried HP Laserjet as well as PDF Creator. Both work fine with other programs.

#8 Re: No Print

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-05-29 07:54 | IP: IP Logged

Is it normal text file? Not a HEX file editing?
Steps how to make screenshot:
www.wikihow.com

You can send me screenshot to support mail (in PSPad menu Help / About)

#9 Re: No Print

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-05-29 10:47 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for screenshots.
It's exactly what I wrote in my previous topic - you have opened file in PSPad hex editor.
PSpad dosn't know to print hex editor window and I don't see any reason, why to print your empty file full of zeroes.

Open any normal text document and you will be able to print it.

#10 Re: No Print

Posted by: Fredsan | Date: 2014-05-29 15:06 | IP: IP Logged

You don't see any need to be able to print a copy of changes made in a file by an editor? Isn't that the whole purpose of an editor, to change all those zero's and print a copy of the changes? What good is an editor that won't let you keep a copy or save a file that is edited??

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR