You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PSPad won't restart after being closed

PSPad won't restart after being closed

#1 PSPad won't restart after being closed

Posted by: iain | Date: 2014-04-18 21:59 | IP: IP Logged

Win 7 64-bit. PSPad 4.5.7 (2540) is pinned to Taskbar. Single click opened program ok; files edited ok and saved; Fileilla 3.8.0 used to FTP files to website ok; PSPad closed. A few minutes later, tried to start PSPad again, but nothing happened. Tried single click from Taskbar; double click from Desktop; RH click and Run as Administrator from Desktop; single/double click from Start Buttom program list - all these failed. Restarted Win 7 and started ok again.
Any ideas? sad smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad won't restart after being closed

Posted by: code tzar | Date: 2014-04-19 03:09 | IP: IP Logged

This happened to me on a win 7 netbook. For a time, I couldn't open PSPad at all, but eventually uninstalled it, used ccleaner to clean the registry, reinstalled with the latest binary and it seemed to patch things up.

#3 Re: PSPad won't restart after being closed

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-04-19 05:20 | IP: IP Logged

I have Windows 7 x 64, PSPad is pinned to Taskbar. It never happened to me.

Test it please with the current developer build 4.5.8

#4 Re: PSPad won't restart after being closed

Posted by: therium | Date: 2014-04-22 10:45 | IP: IP Logged

Are you sure PSPad is not starting? Because I have Notepad++ that starts, but often it starts as a very tiny window showing only a portion of the title bar. I have to manually resize the NPP window. Is PSPad running in the Task List when you have this problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-22 10:46 by therium.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR