You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: New clip using CTL-SH-S doesn't work

Re: New clip using CTL-SH-S doesn't work

#1 New clip using CTL-SH-S doesn't work

Posted by: therium | Date: 2014-03-28 12:15 | IP: IP Logged

Win 7 with PSPad 4.5.7

I created a new clip (by highligting the text, then doing Tools, Create Clip From Block) in the Perl library, and gave it a shortcut of CTL-SH-S. This clip was to insert a blank subroutine. But when I clicked CTL-SH-S to test it, nothing happened. If the CTL-SH-S is already assigned somewhere, when I create the clip, I should get an error message.

So, is CTL-SH-S already used somewhere? I don't see an alphabetical list by shortcut key.

Thank you! Great editor BTW.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: New clip using CTL-SH-S doesn't work

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2014-03-29 00:15 | IP: IP Logged

therium:
Win 7 with PSPad 4.5.7

I created a new clip (by highligting the text, then doing Tools, Create Clip From Block) in the Perl library, and gave it a shortcut of CTL-SH-S. This clip was to insert a blank subroutine. But when I clicked CTL-SH-S to test it, nothing happened. If the CTL-SH-S is already assigned somewhere, when I create the clip, I should get an error message.

So, is CTL-SH-S already used somewhere? I don't see an alphabetical list by shortcut key.

Thank you! Great editor BTW.

Hi,
Ctrl+Shift+S is by default a shortcut for "Save all" from the "File" menu.
You can manage this kind of shortcuts in Program settings: Key map

However, in general, there are multiple levels where shortcuts can "live" and there is (as far as I know) no central place to check for all of them at once.

There are system wide shortcuts, which are probably not managed by the program at all (I guess e.g. F1 for help etc.).
There are shortcuts for program functions, which are settable in the above mentioned dialog - Programm settings: Key map
(here you can also test for whether a given shortcut is assigned - by trying to assign it to some program function, you'll eventually get a message about its current place - however this only takes this category of program-shortcuts into account.
Furthermore, there can be shortcuts for code clips defined separately for multiple programming languages in the clip definition files, e.g. Ctrl+I - <i></i> for HTML:
...\PSPad\Context\HTML.DEF
You can see the currently active clips-shortcuts in:
Settings: Clip Hotkeys

If cripting is activated, there could also be shortcuts for scripts, which are assigned in the init sections of their source, e.g.
...\PSPad\Script\JScript\ingkcpos.js

hth,
vbr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-29 00:25 by vbr.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR