You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PDF Files

PDF Files

#1 PDF Files

Posted by: Wesj43 | Date: 2014-03-05 16:44 | IP: IP Logged

I am new to PSPad. I am using Version 4.5.7 (2450) on a windows 8.1 intel machine with 8 gig

When I try to open a PDF file, I receive the following message

Settings file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\Plugins\FileType\pdf.ini' was not found or is empty

I have checked the directory and there is only a pdf.dll file there. I have searched the FAQ and this forum but cannot find anything related to plugins or pdf.ini.

Where do I search to find required plugins and specifically the pdf.ini file?

Thanks

Wes

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PDF Files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-03-05 20:24 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

PDF is 3rd party plugin. I guess the INI is created first time of PDF plugin use.
Cause you have PSPad installed in program Files folder, PSPad has no rights to write there. As the workarround run PSPad as administrator (over right mouse) and open any PDF file. This should elevate rights to PSPad to be able create PDF.INI file

#3 Re: PDF Files

Posted by: Wesj43 | Date: 2014-03-06 20:17 | IP: IP Logged

Ran as Admin no joy. Set properties to run as admin, still no joy. verified all security and permissions and all seem to be proper.

In my experience, a plug-in usually needs to be downloaded from some standard site. I have not seen one that is generated upon first use. Is this standard for this software?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR