You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Feature request: File search results opens remote file

Re: Feature request: File search results opens remote file

#1 Feature request: File search results opens remote file

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2014-02-27 12:29 | IP: IP Logged

If you use "search and replace in files" it results a list of files of the target folder. If you double-click on the file the local copy will be opened.

I like to have the option to open the remote version instead, if the found file is inside the local temporay folder and it is in a folder that fits to a ftp profile-name.

At the moment I need to open every remote file first, before I'm able to double click the search result to jump to the specific line and save to ftp in one step.

If would donate for this feature $50,-.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature request: File search results opens remote file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-02-27 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

Conditions for your request:
all the file must be part of PSPad project
local PSPad project must have same folder structure as is on FTP
PSPad project must be connected with FTP profile, must be defined root of the FTP

Another solution using PSPad scripting:
you will open results into New file
you will call script, what will take content of the file and will open files from FTP

#3 Re: Feature request: File search results opens remote file

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2014-09-02 13:51 | IP: IP Logged

I'm not using the project feature. I only setup the temporary ftp folder. This works like a charm as it automatically uses the project name as subfolder name and of course the structure is completely the same.

An other idea would be to change the save to ftp feature. This should (optionally) consider the structure and not only upload to the current open ftp folder.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR