You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

#1 Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2014-02-21 10:36 | IP: IP Logged

I like to have the scrollbars automatically hidden if I don't use them.

It should be displayed only if I scroll or if I hover the area through the mouse pointer

Of course the width could be reduced to 16 pixels or a lower value, too.

At last but not least it would be nice if the line numbers could have a (smaller) fixed font size, so I'm able to zoom the content without zooming the line numbers and use a smaller size to have more space for the content.

Both adds more comfort if you work with a 50% wide window.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-02-21 15:35 | IP: IP Logged

Please don't hide the scrollbars. They are a good indicator of how big the file is.

#3 Re: Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2014-02-26 14:03 | IP: IP Logged

I think it would be no problem to hide it after the file is opened for a few seconds and as I said, as soon as you begin to scroll its displayed again.

This technique is used in mobile browsers and I like it really much.

#4 Re: Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2014-02-26 20:51 | IP: IP Logged

Mobile browsers have very limited real estate to play with, your computer has much much more.

--
Carbonize

#5 Re: Feature request: Smaller and autohide scroll bars

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2014-02-27 07:57 | IP: IP Logged

This depends on the resolution and usage. I'm using 2k and 2.5k monitors with two apps side-by-side (pspad left, browser right) and it would help in both resolutions to have as much as possible space for the content.

I really like the concept of this scrollbars (autohide, transparency, size, etc.):
noraesae.github.io

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 07:59 by mgutt.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR